Wondering about the helicopter? Suspicious car under investigation at Roxhill Park

January 25, 2013 at 4:10 pm | In Crime, Helicopter, West Seattle news | 7 Comments

4:10 PM: Thanks for the tips about the helicopter. The only thing working in the area right now is that police are investigating a suspicious vehicle and one possible suspect in the Roxhill Park area. NO new robberies or other crimes – and they’re not saying exactly what was suspicious about this car. At one point, they were checking out three cars and eight people – but Det. Jeff Kappel tells us only one vehicle and one 18-year-old remain under investigation. More as we get it. We had already been to the scene to check it out before the helicopter(s) turned up – have added a photo from that stop – and have since gone back to see if there’s anything new.

4:40 PM: The helicopter departed; the vehicle was being towed from the park.

1. definitely a large low flying helicopter over Arbor Heights, sounds like down near Marine View Drive. I can not see it but DEFINITELY hear, hence my checking the best source on neighborhood info!

Comment by LJ — 4:12 pm January 25, 2013 #

2. I could see it in the sky, at a guess it looked like Roxbury and 30th, so it is probably is at Roxbury/Castle Park

Comment by Fred — 4:23 pm January 25, 2013 #

3. There are always suspicious people and vehicles at the park. Wish there was more police presence there on a regular basis. Now we just have lots of broken glass and grafitti.

Comment by Donn — 4:40 pm January 25, 2013 #

4. Drove by on the way to Safeway, and they were towing two cars away at the Roxhill park parking lot

Comment by Eric — 4:47 pm January 25, 2013 #

5. Was there about 3:15pm -ish picking up my son from the 21, parked briefly on the corner of 29th & Barton. Noticed there was a police car parked on Barton EB just W of the corner I was on. There were some young men hanging around what I think looks like this car at that time.

Comment by JK in Shorewood — 6:39 pm January 25, 2013 #

6. Komo radio was just reporting that 8 teens were arrested and (I think) 2 cars impounded, one gun recovered. They think these suspects might be related to the park robberies of the middle school. Not sure how true the info is, but I rest assured that TR will get us the true details.

Comment by Nitro — 10:41 pm January 25, 2013 #

7. It’s from SPD Blotter and I just spotted it there. Tried myself through multiple channels to get the information directly from the police but sometimes I guess they’d just rather put it on their site first. Stand by for a separate update.

Comment by WSB — 10:48 pm January 25, 2013 #