Date set for Westwood/Roxhill neighborhood council re-organization meeting (Arbor Heights invited too)

January 29, 2013 at 3:32 pm | In Neighborhoods, West Seattle news, Westwood | 10 Comments

After the recent Roxhill Park robberies, it was suggested that it’s time for the Westwood/Roxhill neighborhood to re-organize a neighborhood council – and, if interested, perhaps even reach southward to Arbor Heights, which doesn’t have an active neighborhood council either. If you’re from any of those areas and interested in potentially being part of this, the date is set for a meeting to come find out more: Next Tuesday, February 5th, 6:30-8 pm at the Southwest Branch of the Seattle Public Library (35th and Henderson), according to Mat McBride, who chairs the Delridge Neighborhoods District Council (which includes reps from area community councils and other major organizations). Mat says the agenda’s still a work in progress,

1. I for one will be there. Thanks for organizing this Mat.

Comment by Eric — 5:35 pm January 29, 2013 #

2. Don’t forget, fellow poor overlooked Arbor Heights people! We will be there too.

Comment by Joe — 7:07 pm January 29, 2013 #

3. Thank you for Arbor Heights invite! I will be there.

Comment by Hoku — 9:41 pm January 29, 2013 #

4. I’ll be there.

Comment by June — 8:01 am January 30, 2013 #

5. As a new member of West Seattle’s red-headed stepchild (Arbor Heights) I will be attending, too!

Comment by GoGo — 9:03 am January 30, 2013 #

6. I sure hope the lack of responses to this blog is not an indication of the lack of people that will attend this meeting. Especially since there was an overwhelming amount of responses complaining about the event(s) that were the catalyst to re-organize a neighborhood council.

Comment by Eric — 10:23 am January 30, 2013 #

7. Eric – half a dozen comments is actually pretty good for a meeting announcement. 125,000 people regularly read our site. Only a tiny fraction ever comment. Same thing goes for every other news site on the planet. But of course, take no chances – make sure all your neighbors hear about it – put notes on utility poles, whatever you think would work. Remember … there WAS a Westwood Neighborhood Council for quite some time; even in just the five years we have covered West Seattle news extensively, it’s had two incarnations, and both times eventually fizzled for lack of interest. Everybody thinks somebody else is taking care of neighborhood business (I was guilty of that for many years myself) – and then they find out, no, if they want to see something happen, they have to do it themselves … TR

Comment by WSB — 10:52 am January 30, 2013 #

8. I created a Facebook group for getting the word out: https://www.facebook.com/groups/WWRHAH/

And a Facebook event for the first meeting: https://www.facebook.com/events/144899025668654/

Comment by Joe — 1:42 pm January 30, 2013 #

9. I didn’t see this until this morning, but would love to be involved. I live at 17th and Barton, so just east up the hill from Westwood.

I requested to join the FB group so hopefully I’ll know about the next meeting. Great idea!

Comment by Amie — 9:43 am February 6, 2013 #

10. Amie – the next meeting is scheduled for March 6 – my story on last night’s meeting will be up in a little while, and the details will be included there. – Tracy

Comment by WSB — 10:13 am February 6, 2013 #