Congratulations to Admiral Theater’s Dinah Brein and songwriting partner for Today Show jingle win!

January 29, 2013 at 11:41 am | In Admiral Theater, West Seattle news | 10 Comments

Visit NBCNews.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

Congratulations to Admiral Theater boss Dinah Brein and her cross-country songwriting partner – Dinah reports their Today Show jingle-contest entry won!

Seattle songwriter and theater manager Dinah Brein, along with her collaborator Jon Michaels, has won NBC’s “Quest for the Best Today Show Jingle”. Michaels performed the song this morning on the Today show and beat out the two other finalists. Renowned record producer David Foster, who judged the segment, commented after listening to the songs that if he were chosen to produce a killer 30-second spot – it would be the Brein/Michaels entry and awarded the song the top honor.

“Jon called me this morning and told me the good news”, said Brein. “He also said, don’t be mad, I didn’t mention you until the end of the segment, because my daughter would have killed me if I hadn’t led off with her.”

UPDATE: Added above, the “Today Show” clip during which Michaels performed the jingle he and Brein wrote.

1. That is awesome – congratulations!

Comment by slc — 12:22 pm January 29, 2013 #

2. Well done!

Comment by Kelly — 1:13 pm January 29, 2013 #

3. Yay Dinah! I love it!

Comment by D — 2:03 pm January 29, 2013 #

4. Congratulations Dinah! So happy for you.

Comment by Audrey Zemke — 4:02 pm January 29, 2013 #

5. Thanks all for your nice thoughts and words. It would have been nice to have been there but someone has to thread the movies!

Dinah

Comment by Dinah — 4:42 pm January 29, 2013 #

6. Great news! Congratulations, Dinah!

Comment by nwgardening — 5:41 pm January 29, 2013 #

7. Wow! Congrats! Very exciting. When I heard it on the video, I thought that this cleverly written song had a great shot. Very exciting for them and WS!

Comment by Carter — 10:07 pm January 29, 2013 #

8. Dinah, you and I have penned some wonderful songs. Thanks for being you and doing this with me. We made it! love Jon!

Comment by Jon Michaels — 10:11 am January 30, 2013 #

9. Hey, that’s pretty great! Is that the same guy who plays the bumper music on “Christina Cooks”??

Comment by Blinkyjoe — 11:29 am January 30, 2013 #

10. Dinah,

You should be up there on stage at the Grammy’s tonight! You’re the talent that’s always inspired me. Congrats on your NBC Today Show win…. With Aloha, Rox

Comment by Roxanne — 10:46 pm February 10, 2013 #