West Seattle scenes: From Santa to sunset

December 21, 2012 at 9:13 pm | In Holidays, Seen around town, West Seattle news | 6 Comments

We’ve been out covering some of tonight’s events – but before we get to those, three sightings. Above, WSB contributing photojournalist Nick Adams spotted Santa Claus by the Vashon ferry line in Fauntleroy! That’s not far from where the jolly old soul also spent part of this evening listening to last-minute Christmas wishes – among other things – at West Seattle Thriftway (WSB sponsor):

Santa being a ubiquitous sort of gent this time of year, those of course were not the only places he was sighted tonight, but we thank Julie for sharing the photo of the classic beard-authenticity check. As you can see in the WSB West Seattle Holiday Guide, Santa will be back at Thriftway each of the next two days (1-4 Saturday, 3-7 Sunday), as well as a few other spots.

Finally, a lovely view at sunset – looking toward downtown – shared by Toni T:

(Right about then, we were at Alice Enevoldsen‘s winter-solstice sunset watch – story on that, coming up.)

1. To me, Santa looks dejected and appears to be holding a gun in the first picture. I am wrong, but that is my perception.

Comment by shed22 — 10:28 pm December 21, 2012 #

2. Santa does look a wee bit fatigued. It WAS a long wet slog of a week. As for the thing in his hand, I was thinking lower section of a pine sprig, or the business end of a microscope.

Comment by DM — 10:41 pm December 21, 2012 #

3. I didn’t notice till your comment – but, zooming in on the screen with the help of the touchpad here on the MacBook Pro … I’m thinking it’s Santa’s car keys, er, sleigh keys. – TR

Comment by WSB — 10:53 pm December 21, 2012 #

4. Clarification: Microscope as in science appliance. For all we know it was a sprinkler head.

Comment by DM — 10:56 pm December 21, 2012 #

5. poor Santa, so very, very tired…and always slightly overdressed…sigh…don’t give up, I still believe in you :)

Comment by Heather — 11:48 am December 22, 2012 #

6. My daughter and I loved seeing Santa today at Thriftway I only wished I had my phone to take a picture! Santa you rock
    And made our day. :)