West Seattle holiday scene: Santa visits Menashe lights

December 15, 2012 at 9:25 pm | In Holidays, West Seattle news | 5 Comments

When you have as many Christmas lights up as the Menashe family does, you’re probably entitled to more than one visit from Santa Claus. And so, with nine nights left before Christmas Eve, the jolly old soul is there tonight amid the bright lights in the 5600 block of Beach Drive SW, for photos with young Christmas-wishers, including some of the Menashe family’s youngest members:

If you see this before 10 pm, that’s how late Santa (in the persona of “Santa Al”) was scheduled to be on hand.

1. Thank you! I took the kid on a post-party drive along the long road from Luna Park to Lincoln Park and couldn’t miss the house. What a wonderful stop, and with a Santa BONUS!

Comment by Irukandji — 9:30 pm December 15, 2012 #

2. Just curious – did Santa arrive in a convertible Mini with the top down and a huge stuffed Rudolph affixed to the front?? Because that’s what I saw crossing the WS bridge a little before 10 last night – and did a quadruple take as I passed him!!!

Comment by eigenwijs — 7:33 am December 16, 2012 #

3. Thank you! We had so much fun there and Santa was great!

Comment by Brenda — 7:36 am December 16, 2012 #

4. I saw the same Santa on the bridge! I couldn’t get out my camera fast enough though, to take a picture.

Comment by Here — 12:30 pm December 16, 2012 #

5. Took my mother-in-law there last year, it was her first time, she loved it. Plan on taking her again this year too. The Menashe’s are terrific people. Thank you so much for your beautiful decorations.

Comment by carol o. — 7:00 pm December 16, 2012 #