Just announced by SDOT – the date work will start on the yearlong Delridge repaving project:
Delridge Way SW Paving Project SW Orchard St to SW Roxbury St
Construction to begin January 10 – Expect Southbound Detours
The southern portion of Delridge Way SW is an important West Seattle arterial that has deteriorated over time. The Seattle Department of Transportation (SDOT) will rebuild Delridge Way SW between SW Orchard and SW Roxbury streets to improve travel conditions and promote safety.
· Construct new concrete and asphalt paving surfaces
· Install drainage detention pipes and inlets
· Provide upgraded curb ramps
· Reconfigure lanes between SW Myrtle and SW Kenyon streets
Project Work Hours and Schedule
Construction is expected to begin January 10, 2013, and be substantially complete by the end of 2013. Normal work hours will be 7 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday, with some weekend work and possible night work.
The work will be done in phases to minimize construction impacts to the nearby community. Phases are expected to last two to three months each.
Phase 1: SW Henderson St to SW Trenton St
Phase 2: SW Trenton St to SW Thistle St
Phase 3: SW Thistle St to SW Holden St
Phase 4: SW Holden St to SW Orchard St
Phase 5: SW Roxbury St to SW Henderson St
· A smoother ride
· Greater pedestrian accessibility
· More visible lane markings
· Increased storm-water capacity
· Reduced runoff into Longfellow Creek
· Improved safety for all travel modes
· This $6.7 million project is funded by the “Bridging the Gap” transportation levy approved by Seattle voters in November 2006.
Traffic Restrictions During Construction
Delridge Way SW is too narrow to allow two-way traffic during construction. To ensure the safety of drivers and pedestrians and to allow enough space for the crews to complete their work, southbound traffic will be detoured around work zones. Northbound traffic will be maintained along Delridge Way SW during all but a few weekends when intersections are rebuilt. Also, phase detours will NOT take place simultaneously. During Phase 1, southbound traffic will be detoured to 25th Avenue SW. For more information on detours, visit www.seattle.gov/transportation/pave_delridge.htm.