2 more West Seattle Crime Watch notes: Ryan Cox case; another stolen car

December 19, 2012 at 3:27 pm | In Crime, West Seattle news | 7 Comments

RYAN COX CASE: For those following the case of repeat offender Ryan Cox, in jail since late October for allegedly attacking a man with a baseball bat because of his perception of the victim’s sexual orientation: Cox’s arraignment on hate-crime charges is delayed again – a judge was told this morning that Cox’s mental evaluation still hasn’t happened, and that’s necessary for the competency hearing that is scheduled in connection with the arraignment. New court date: One week from today.

ANOTHER STOLEN CAR: Second one today – and since they are often found close to where they were taken, we publish these reports so the victims’ fellow West Seattleites can be on the lookout. This 2001 Honda Accord was taken between midnight and 4 am from 39th and Andover:

Shaun sent the photo on behalf of the neighbors who are the car’s owners, saying they are already going through a stressful time in their life with health challenges. If you see it – call 911.

1. That’s not a 2001 Honda Accord. Is that a picture of the actual car?

Comment by Adam — 3:34 pm December 19, 2012 #

2. That’s not a 2001… Maybe 1991

Comment by C — 3:40 pm December 19, 2012 #

3. Yeah looks like a 1991.. I see it parked in front of the fire hydrant at Andover and Belvidere Ave SW. Hope you get it back :)

Comment by WSratsinacage — 4:16 pm December 19, 2012 #

4. Yeah, I’d say pre-1993 Accord for sure, most likely 1991.

Comment by CMP — 5:12 pm December 19, 2012 #

5. Sorry -this is what I received both in information and photo. Will check to see if one or the other was in error.

Comment by WSB — 6:23 pm December 19, 2012 #

6. I believe he meant 1991 not 2001… Sorry that’s what he gave me. I hope someone finds it soon!

Comment by Veteran wisdom — 8:04 pm December 19, 2012 #

7. Be careful when parking in lots!!! I walked out of Marshalls in Westwood to find 4 people with large hooded coats looking in my car and trying the doors. I got someone to call security and watched as they continued through the lot doing the same thing to other cars. This was around 4:30 tonight.

Comment by Bsmomma — 9:59 pm December 19, 2012 #