Roxhill Castle build tomorrow: Special alert for volunteers

November 1, 2012 at 8:03 pm | In How to help, West Seattle news, West Seattle parks | 11 Comments

Hours from now, the new Roxhill Castle play area starts to go up at Roxhill Park. Tonight, Amanda asked us to share this message to voluneers who have signed up – and to anyone considering joining in at the last minute:

Attention Builders of Roxhill Park!

Tomorrow, November 2, at 8:00 am is go time.
Please dress for the elements, and bring your own drill if you want! We also need extension cords as well as tape measures. Just label everything with your name on it.
Didn’t officially sign up? That’s okay! Come anyway. Build dates are November 2 – 6 from 8:00 am – 8:00 pm.
Project Website: roxhillcastle.wordpress.com
Project Email: roxhillcastle@gmail.com

Amanda adds: “We have a week-long food drive for West Seattle Food Bank and White Center Food Bank as well! We will have containers on site that people can bring nonperishable goods for donation.”

1. Forgive me. I signed up for shifts long ago but can’t remember which exact time slots. And I can’t seem to figure it out on the website. Any suggestions?

Comment by Momma Lioness — 8:22 pm November 1, 2012 #

2. Thanks!!!

Comment by Amanda — 8:39 pm November 1, 2012 #

3. Here is the doodle site:

Comment by eileen — 8:52 pm November 1, 2012 #

4. Momma Lioness, is your name on this list?

Mike

Comment by miws — 8:56 pm November 1, 2012 #

5. I think if you go to this address you can find it: http://doodle.com/gusyyykv9zzrdksy#table

Comment by FredC — 8:59 pm November 1, 2012 #

6. Hi momma Lioness – Here is the link to the sign up:

A list of names with time slots should appear and you can scroll down to find your name. Feel free to email me with any questions or if this does not work. My email is linasenzerrose at yahoo.com. Thanks and we look forward to building a sweet park with you!

Comment by lina — 9:17 pm November 1, 2012 #

7. Well, I think we have the info for Momma Lioness well covered! ;-)

Mike

Comment by miws — 8:03 am November 2, 2012 #

8. Mike, the comments were in queue for a while till I came out of a meeting so all the folks who helpfully provided the link hadn’t seen each other’s comments.

Comment by WSB — 9:15 am November 2, 2012 #

9. Yeah, I figured as much. :-)

Mine showed up immediately under ML’s after I posted it last night. Plus, with them all being so close together according to the time stamps, I figured we were all online about the same time, and the page hadn’t refreshed.

Mike

Comment by miws — 10:54 am November 2, 2012 #

10. See, West Seattle is a very helpful place!!

Comment by Amanda — 11:45 am November 2, 2012 #

11. Thanks, All! I’m all squared up with my volunteer slots. :)

Comment by Momma Lioness — 2:52 pm November 2, 2012 #