Happening now: West Seattle ballot-dropoff van’s first day

November 2, 2012 at 1:30 pm | In West Seattle news, West Seattle politics | 6 Comments

In the first two hours of the first of five West Seattle days for a King County ballot-dropoff van, about 60 ballots already had come in, according to the team at the van today – Skyler, Cindi, and Kayleigh. They are in the same spot as last time – along the West Seattle Stadium driveway (enter off northbound 35th, shortly before Avalon) – and will be there till 5 today and again 10 am-5 pm tomorrow through Monday, then 7 am-8 pm on Election Day (Tuesday). You can drive up and hand them your ballot, or park, walk up, and put it in the box yourself. They say the pace so far today was much busier than the first day they were here before the August primary. If you want to drop off a ballot somewhere else – close to where you work, for example – here’s the full list countywide.

1. I dropped my ballot off at 1:00 today. They all smiled and thanked me. You don’t even need to get out of your car or get off your bicycle!

Comment by Guy — 1:43 pm November 2, 2012 #

2. Thanks, Guy. I need to amend my language. You can RIDE right up as well as DRIVE right up :)

Comment by WSB — 1:51 pm November 2, 2012 #

3. I wonder if one could cartwheel up? ;-)

Mike

Comment by miws — 3:54 pm November 2, 2012 #

4. Loved their smiling faces and good cheer!

Comment by Marty — 6:11 pm November 2, 2012 #

5. Thank you! I was just wondering about this today. I like to drop off my ballot rather than mailing it. I want it to get counted before Election Day!

Comment by Add — 9:52 pm November 2, 2012 #

6. I dropped off my ballot with theses guys and I just want to make sure that it gets counted, with all of this voter suppression from the GOP.

Comment by Sarah — 8:23 am November 6, 2012 #