Happening now: Firefly Café and Creperie open, Day 1

November 30, 2012 at 3:45 pm | In West Seattle news, West Seattle restaurants | 20 Comments

3:45 PM: As mentioned in the WSB morning roundup and on the WSB Facebook page, it’s opening day for Charell Estby and her team at Firefly Café and Creperie (California and Genesee; here’s our sneak-peek report from 2 weeks ago). We finally got a chance to duck in for a photo, and they were very busy – so it’s an action shot. Firefly opened today after a family/friends shakedown cruise night before last. Their hours and menu are online.

6:35 PM UPDATE: Charell posted on the Firefly FB page that for the first week, their “soft open” will be 8 am-6:30 pm, or so.

1. I just looked at the menu — so glad you have vegetarian/vegan options! We’ll definitely be stopping by. Charell, your story is inspiring, too — good for you for taking a chance and following your dreams!

Comment by Liz — 6:02 pm November 30, 2012 #

2. Thank you for the great lunch! The chicken, mushroom, carmelized onion was amazing!

Comment by Luvsseattle — 6:09 pm November 30, 2012 #

3. Stopped by this afternoon for a Nutella and Banana Crepe, delicious. So happy to finally be able to come in!

Comment by Anne — 6:42 pm November 30, 2012 #

4. Just had their Caprise Crepe for dinner and 1/2 of a Cinnamon & Sugar Crepe for dessert (Hubbie brought home as take out) – Excellent. We will be back for more!

Comment by Ms. Sparkles — 7:08 pm November 30, 2012 #

5. Looking forward to visiting you tomorrow for breakfast!

Comment by Jill Loblaw — 7:21 pm November 30, 2012 #

6. Best of luck!! My exercise class meets very close to there… thinking I might need to exercise more to make up for all the yummy crepes :) Looking forward to visiting soon!

Comment by Athena — 8:19 pm November 30, 2012 #

7. My daughter and I stopped in tonight & it was wonderful! The little one had a banana and nutella crepe and I had the chicken, brie, spinach, apricot jam deliciousness on a gluten free crepe. Very friendly folks and just terrific food.

I was quite certain that my daughter would be unable to finish her crepe, but she polished it off with a smile on her face. I was amazed by how tender and delicate the gluten free crepe was, and the fillings in mine were nicely balanced and very tasty. I look forward to returning with the rest of the family soon.

Comment by Missliss — 8:35 pm November 30, 2012 #

8. I have been waiting . . . and waiting . . . and waiting patiently for this! It seems that long because I am that EXCITED!! See you this weekend. And probably every weekend after that. I am thrilled!

Comment by shed22 — 11:10 pm November 30, 2012 #

9. Stopped in this afternoon and had the apple/brie crepe. It was outstanding! I can hardly wait to try all of them!

Comment by WD — 11:32 pm November 30, 2012 #

10. Hooray! Something other than a pizza, Mexican, or Asian restaurant has opened up in West Seattle. Not that I don’t like any of the above, I just want to see more VARIETY. Good luck, Firefly.

Comment by Ray West — 5:09 am December 1, 2012 #

11. I was disappointed. :(
    Was the decor an eclectic mix of old west and ultramodern? Nope.
    Did the staff speak in English but swear in Chinese? Nope.
    Was there a high-end courtesan working out of the back room in a somewhat symbiotic relationship with the main business? Nope.
    But I can forgive all that because of the crepes. Oh those delicious crepes!
    Shiny!

Comment by Huindekmi — 11:26 am December 1, 2012 #

12. Huindekmi – You just made my morning!

Comment by Thistle — 12:28 pm December 1, 2012 #

13. Great idea, but wish it was really gluten free.

Comment by george — 1:46 pm December 1, 2012 #

14. hey george! Read above, they do have gluten free!!

I can’t wait to try the crepes out!!

Comment by WS parent — 11:09 pm December 1, 2012 #

15. Um, cross contamination does not make it “Gluten Free”. Gluten free ingredients, yes. But not truly gluten free when you mix it with other gluten products (on the grill). Gluten free should mean Gluten. Free. Not, “no gluten ingredients”.

hth.

Comment by george — 11:58 pm December 1, 2012 #

16. Absolutely Wonderful! Busy and great food! So happy for Firefly!

Comment by Kym — 11:06 am December 2, 2012 #

17. Huindekmi, please ID which local restaurants meet your first three criteria.

Thanks.

In the mean time I am going to go have a crepe.

Comment by onion — 11:31 am December 3, 2012 #

18. Just in case no one follows up and you’re checking back onion, Huindekmi was making a reference to the ill-fated yet awesome television show entitled Firefly.

Comment by Cait — 12:10 pm December 7, 2012 #

19. Thanks, Cait. I was amused simply by the satire of the comment without any knowledge of that show … a comment pretending to start out negative, but not really. Have had to deal with too much flat humorlessness lately, including my own! – TR

Comment by WSB — 12:39 pm December 7, 2012 #

20. Glad to be of service :)

Comment by Cait — 1:39 pm December 7, 2012 #