Happening now: Firefly Café and Creperie open, Day 1

3:45 PM: As mentioned in the WSB morning roundup and on the WSB Facebook page, it’s opening day for Charell Estby and her team at Firefly Café and Creperie (California and Genesee; here’s our sneak-peek report from 2 weeks ago). We finally got a chance to duck in for a photo, and they were very busy – so it’s an action shot. Firefly opened today after a family/friends shakedown cruise night before last. Their hours and menu are online.

6:35 PM UPDATE: Charell posted on the Firefly FB page that for the first week, their “soft open” will be 8 am-6:30 pm, or so.

20 Replies to "Happening now: Firefly Café and Creperie open, Day 1"

• comment-avatar
    Liz November 30, 2012 (6:02 pm)

I just looked at the menu — so glad you have vegetarian/vegan options! We’ll definitely be stopping by. Charell, your story is inspiring, too — good for you for taking a chance and following your dreams!

• comment-avatar
    Luvsseattle November 30, 2012 (6:09 pm)

Thank you for the great lunch! The chicken, mushroom, carmelized onion was amazing!

• comment-avatar
    Anne November 30, 2012 (6:42 pm)

Stopped by this afternoon for a Nutella and Banana Crepe, delicious. So happy to finally be able to come in!

• comment-avatar
    Ms. Sparkles November 30, 2012 (7:08 pm)

Just had their Caprise Crepe for dinner and 1/2 of a Cinnamon & Sugar Crepe for dessert (Hubbie brought home as take out) – Excellent. We will be back for more!

• comment-avatar
    Jill Loblaw November 30, 2012 (7:21 pm)

Looking forward to visiting you tomorrow for breakfast!

• comment-avatar
    Athena November 30, 2012 (8:19 pm)

Best of luck!! My exercise class meets very close to there… thinking I might need to exercise more to make up for all the yummy crepes :) Looking forward to visiting soon!

• comment-avatar
    Missliss November 30, 2012 (8:35 pm)

My daughter and I stopped in tonight & it was wonderful! The little one had a banana and nutella crepe and I had the chicken, brie, spinach, apricot jam deliciousness on a gluten free crepe. Very friendly folks and just terrific food.

I was quite certain that my daughter would be unable to finish her crepe, but she polished it off with a smile on her face. I was amazed by how tender and delicate the gluten free crepe was, and the fillings in mine were nicely balanced and very tasty. I look forward to returning with the rest of the family soon.

• comment-avatar
    shed22 November 30, 2012 (11:10 pm)

I have been waiting . . . and waiting . . . and waiting patiently for this! It seems that long because I am that EXCITED!! See you this weekend. And probably every weekend after that. I am thrilled!

• comment-avatar
    WD November 30, 2012 (11:32 pm)

Stopped in this afternoon and had the apple/brie crepe. It was outstanding! I can hardly wait to try all of them!

• comment-avatar
    Ray West December 1, 2012 (5:09 am)

Hooray! Something other than a pizza, Mexican, or Asian restaurant has opened up in West Seattle. Not that I don’t like any of the above, I just want to see more VARIETY. Good luck, Firefly.

• comment-avatar
    Huindekmi December 1, 2012 (11:26 am)

I was disappointed. :(
    Was the decor an eclectic mix of old west and ultramodern? Nope.
    Did the staff speak in English but swear in Chinese? Nope.
    Was there a high-end courtesan working out of the back room in a somewhat symbiotic relationship with the main business? Nope.
    But I can forgive all that because of the crepes. Oh those delicious crepes!
    Shiny!

• comment-avatar
    Thistle December 1, 2012 (12:28 pm)

Huindekmi – You just made my morning!

• comment-avatar
    george December 1, 2012 (1:46 pm)

Great idea, but wish it was really gluten free.

• comment-avatar
    WS parent December 1, 2012 (11:09 pm)

hey george! Read above, they do have gluten free!!

I can’t wait to try the crepes out!!

• comment-avatar
    george December 1, 2012 (11:58 pm)

Um, cross contamination does not make it “Gluten Free”. Gluten free ingredients, yes. But not truly gluten free when you mix it with other gluten products (on the grill). Gluten free should mean Gluten. Free. Not, “no gluten ingredients”.

hth.

• comment-avatar
    Kym December 2, 2012 (11:06 am)

Absolutely Wonderful! Busy and great food! So happy for Firefly!

• comment-avatar
    onion December 3, 2012 (11:31 am)

Huindekmi, please ID which local restaurants meet your first three criteria.

Thanks.

In the mean time I am going to go have a crepe.

• comment-avatar
    Cait December 7, 2012 (12:10 pm)

Just in case no one follows up and you’re checking back onion, Huindekmi was making a reference to the ill-fated yet awesome television show entitled Firefly.

• comment-avatar
    WSB December 7, 2012 (12:39 pm)

Thanks, Cait. I was amused simply by the satire of the comment without any knowledge of that show … a comment pretending to start out negative, but not really. Have had to deal with too much flat humorlessness lately, including my own! – TR

• comment-avatar
    Cait December 7, 2012 (1:39 pm)

Glad to be of service :)

WP-Backgrounds by InoPlugs Web Design and Juwelier Schönmann