From The South Park News: Crash kills 2, closes road

November 11, 2012 at 10:17 pm | In South Park, West Seattle news, West Seattle police | 9 Comments

10:17 PM: If you’re in eastern West Seattle, you might have noticed the big emergency response headed toward South Park earlier tonight. A car carrying five people crashed into a pole there, killing the driver, sending the survivors to the hospital, and closing a stretch of 8th Avenue South for an investigation likely to take a few more hours. The full story’s on our partner site The South Park News.

10:49 PM UPDATE: SPD has tweeted that one of the survivors died at the hospital.

MONDAY MORNING UPDATE, 7:46 AM: Everyone in the car was a teenager, according to an update on SPD Blotter this morning which says the driver was a 16-year-old boy; the passenger who died at the hospital is described as a girl, no age listed.

1. This is so horrible. Prayers to all the families who lost their kids tonight. This is one of those times I’m glad I know where my kids are.

Comment by Alki Resident — 11:22 pm November 11, 2012 #

2. Consers sp citizen would like to know name of victims may be friend

Comment by d — 11:41 pm November 11, 2012 #

3. D – no names are public currently. Those would have to come from the Medical Examiner, and I doubt that’ll happen before Tuesday – unless family members come forward to share information.

Comment by WSB — 12:09 am November 12, 2012 #

4. Luis Martinez and Lucie Hernandez were the two victims killed. The girl was between 13 and 16 yrs old. I have kids,this just makes me sick.

Comment by Alki Resident — 9:05 am November 12, 2012 #

5. Very sad about this. I coached one of these boys, with one of my sons, for several years in West Seattle Soccer and knew one of the others. Very very sad day.

Comment by Kent — 11:10 am November 12, 2012 #

6. Child went to Denny Intl. Middle School. All students will be notified tomorrow at school with grief counselors available. Prayers to all family and friends involved.

Comment by c5t — 11:12 am November 12, 2012 #

7. Lucie Hernandez went to my school, we were in the same grade. she was a sweet girl. she always had a smile on her face and was nice to everybody. There may be no point to this but to let people know how precious life is.

Comment by Denny Student — 7:06 pm November 12, 2012 #

8. What a horrible tragedy. I’m so sorry for the families.

Comment by brin — 9:20 pm November 12, 2012 #

9. Luci was 13 her body is at yarington in white center and luis martinez was 16 lucis sister carla 15 is at harborvew she my never walk again open casket for luci tonite luis family needs help to pay spenses

Comment by Rogelio nava — 10:56 pm November 15, 2012 #