West Seattle restaurants: JC’s Deli to open Tuesday

October 22, 2012 at 12:13 pm | In West Seattle news, West Seattle restaurants | 17 Comments

It’s been seven weeks since we first reported on JC’s Deli, in the works to bring “classic hoagies,” meats, and cheeses to 9007 35th SW, next to West Seattle Fish House and Stuffed Cakes. We noticed recently that signage had turned up in the window – and now, we’ve confirmed the door’s about to open to customers. Cynthia Cummings – the “C” in JC’s Deli along with mom Jeanette Cummings (“J”), well-known for her work in nearby delis – tells WSB the deli will open tomorrow (Tuesday, October 23). They had been awaiting Health Department inspections, and now that those are over and done with, they’re ready to go. JC’s Deli will be closed Mondays, so that’s why they are opening tomorrow, with regular days/hours Tuesdays-Saturdays, 10 am-8 pm, Sundays 11 am-7 pm. (Dine-in as well as take-out, as mentioned in our original story.)

1. YaY!! Can’t wait to get a delicious sandwich without a side of bad attitude.

Comment by GoGo — 12:37 pm October 22, 2012 #

2. Ohhhh, will there be gluten free options?

Comment by ile — 12:40 pm October 22, 2012 #

3. LOL GoGo! Agreed.

Comment by here — 1:15 pm October 22, 2012 #

4. Ha ha…GoGo I know what you are talking about.

Comment by Dan — 1:36 pm October 22, 2012 #

5. Stuffed Pastrami on Rye Bread?:).

Comment by East Coast Cynic — 2:19 pm October 22, 2012 #

6. Looking forward to trying out this place. Hopefully those of us who like gluten will be taken care of.

It’s been great to see that part of 35th revitalized. I hope one day Delridge gets the same treatment.

Comment by Harry Reems — 4:19 pm October 22, 2012 #

7. Yay! Can’t wait to try it out….a good sandwich place is so needed! Have high hopes.

Comment by WTF — 5:06 pm October 22, 2012 #

8. Agree we need more sandwich options that are not Subway and Great Harvest (only because GH is too far).

A to-go-friendly sandwich and salad place with healthy options would be somewhere I’d go almost daily.

Comment by Me — 6:23 pm October 22, 2012 #

9. Hooray! About time we had something besides 3 Micky D’s in West Seattle! Now we need a few more good family restaurants in the area! And yes I know the economy is bad!

Comment by rmp — 7:45 pm October 22, 2012 #

10. West Seattle has a plethora of good restaurants. Thanks to this Blog I have been turned on to Marination and love it. I also dig Luna Park Cafe, Endolyne Joe’s, Zippy’s (technically White Center), and a few in the Junction whose names escape me.

I hope JC’S Deli makes a godo sandwich, I currently have to go to Pioneer Square to satisfy my sandwich cravings.

Comment by Harry Reems — 8:15 pm October 22, 2012 #

11. Congrats J and C — I was glad to see the plain brown wrapper come down – heh heh — open in time for halloween — get the spiders busy with their webs — I will drop off some treat for ya

Comment by Bill — 8:54 pm October 22, 2012 #

12. So true, GoGo

This is going to be a cool grouping of stores!

Comment by sb in arbor heights — 10:47 am October 23, 2012 #

13. Congrats, best of luck….will be stopping by soon!!!

Comment by RJB — 4:58 pm October 23, 2012 #

14. The Stuffed Cakes crew got to try them out today. YUM! They were trying to keep up with the demand, so they were out of some things throughout the day, but the three sandwiches we had were all great! Even our Gluten Free staff member could have a sandwich on Franz GF bread (so far, the best GF bread they have had). I can’t wait to try their soups (if they have veggie ones for us non-meat eaters). Jeanette piled the goodies high and we all plan on picking up sandwiches at least a couple of times a week.

I’m so proud of what our little Henderson Corner has become in a year. Great fish n’ chips, the best haircuts, a fun coffee shop, a wonderful spa, a new deli and for dessert – cupcakes! We’re a true destination spot in West Seattle!

Comment by Donna Lawson — 7:45 pm October 23, 2012 #

15. Thanks, Donna. We’re probably stopping by for a followup tomorrow. Figured she’d likely be swamped on day 1 :)

Comment by WSB — 7:50 pm October 23, 2012 #

16. @WSB – Stop in for a cupcake, too! I’d love to officially meet you. We have lots of fun Halloween-themed ones.

Comment by Donna Lawson — 7:53 pm October 23, 2012 #

17. OMG I wanna thank everybody that came and supported our grand opening yesterday .I have to say I made more sandwiches in one day than 1 week at gasco..Everyone was so nice and patient.I hope you all had a wonderful time as I did.To everyone who filled my counter with beautiful flowers and plants, Thank You so much!!! We had a great turn out, I was so happy to see all my friends and even a lot of new faces..I hope to see you all as often as you can..To Jim and Pam Yokum…your party of 6 filled our Deli with great laughter and fun…thanks guys…:0)

Comment by jeanette — 7:36 am October 24, 2012 #