Marination ma kai: West Seattle’s newest restaurant opens tomorrow – if all goes well

1:09 PM: One week ago, Marination opened the doors of its almost-ready Seacrest Boathouse location for a sneak peek (here’s our coverage) – and now, they’re getting ready to open the doors for real. They’ve announced via Facebook that tomorrow’s the big day. We’re checking to see what time they plan to open.

2:25 PM UPDATE: Went over to Seacrest to get the answer – 7 am tomorrow.

3 PM: Marination co-proprietor Kamala Saxton does have a caveat via e-mail – they are working with their kitchen team today (it did smell good while we were over checking on the time!) and will make the FINAL call tonight regarding opening tomorrow. So by mid-evening, we should get word on whether it’s confirmed, or changed.

8:50 PM UPDATE: 11 am tomorrow with limited menu, full bar, says Kamala – they’re still working out a few things in the kitchen.

14 Replies to "Marination ma kai: West Seattle's newest restaurant opens tomorrow - if all goes well"

• comment-avatar
    NeoYogi October 3, 2012 (2:15 pm)

Yay! Back to the water taxi I go :)

• comment-avatar
    DF October 3, 2012 (2:32 pm)

Woo hoo and Mazel tov!

• comment-avatar
    KR October 3, 2012 (2:34 pm)

Excellent! Any updates on the Copper Coin in Admiral Junction?

• comment-avatar
    Belvidere October 3, 2012 (3:12 pm)

YUMMY! I hope they still have those spicy pork tortas. Still one of the best things I ever ate.

• comment-avatar
    Grundle October 3, 2012 (3:38 pm)

Nice. It would be cool if they could find a place to put that great interpretive sign back about underwater diving in the Alki area. I thought that was really well thought out and a nice place to put it on the wall outside. I also hope they are cool with keeping the kayak business and bike rental business there.

• comment-avatar
    kumalavula October 3, 2012 (3:47 pm)

prepare yourselves, west seattleites who’ve never tried marination at their mobile truck!

your taste buds are about to take a wild ride!
    bring it on!!!!

• comment-avatar
    Cheryl October 3, 2012 (4:45 pm)

Oooooh, can’t wait! And btw, LOVING the Loll patio furniture (I’ve had mine for almost 5 years and it’s held up so great – despite many falls/winters/springs of snow and rain)!

• comment-avatar
    alkitony October 3, 2012 (6:41 pm)

Out of curiosity…how is it they won the contract from the city versus the previous establishment

• comment-avatar
    datamuse October 3, 2012 (8:33 pm)

Ooh, I hope they stay open after 8. I do kung fu Tuesday and Thursday nights and have a hard time finding somewhere to grab dinner afterward that isn’t a fast food chain or a bar. Marination Ma Kai would be perfect!

• comment-avatar
    Smythe October 3, 2012 (9:46 pm)

For north central ws bike commuters, fairmount springs spills out right across the street from seacrest to make a stop at marination a super easy addition to the normal route into town.

• comment-avatar
    Mike October 4, 2012 (12:04 am)

really datamuse? I found that many West Seattle restaurants don’t close until 9PM and most at 10PM during the week. The WSB restaurant list provides hours for restaurants, I popped up 20 I usually go to and none close before 9PM.

I do look forward to going to Marination, it’ll be great having them in a location near by all the time.

• comment-avatar
    datamuse October 4, 2012 (12:24 am)

Maybe I’m just looking in the wrong places, Mike. To be fair, since I live way down in Highland Park and am coming from the ID (plenty o places in the ID, to be sure, but a girl wants a change once in awhile), I might need to go a bit further out of my way…

• comment-avatar
    Alki Resident October 4, 2012 (2:24 am)

Moco Loco time!!!