From the WSB Lost/Found Pets page: Jessie’s been found!

ORIGINAL REPORT, 4:44 PM: If you only check the main page here at WSB, you might not be aware that one of our “inside pages” has over the past few years become an online bulletin board for lost/found West Seattle pets (so if you find or lose one, please e-mail us!). There are many reunions – but the latest one is home-page news too.

While most lost/found dog reports are resolved relatively quickly, every so often it takes a while. Take the case of Jessie – who after 11 days has just been found and reunited with her person. You might have seen the flyers with Jessie’s photo all over West Seattle (we noticed one in The Junction just a few hours ago); numerous people have helped search for her – the comment thread on the original “lost” posting tells part of the story.

She ran off after a firecracker spooked her on October 20th; it was warned that she is very skittish, so don’t go after her, just call with the sighting. The sightings were reported from Admiral to Delridge and beyond … then she was finally found this afternoon in Gatewood/Upper Fauntleroy by Brooke, who hadn’t seen the listing but did see a dog on the run and spent an hour trying to get her! Once she did, she called us and asked how to report a found pet; we asked her to send in the info and a photo – and then realized the dog looked like Jessie, so we made sure Brooke saw Jessie’s photo, and that Jessie’s person knew about Brooke’s discovery. Turns out it IS Jessie, and she’s now back home. Thanks to everyone who takes the time out to watch for and/or take care of lost pets.

10:10 PM UPDATE: Here’s a photo of Jessie with her owner Ann at left, finder Brooke at right:

The photo is courtesy of Brooke’s mom Gwen. She explains that Brooke works at Giannoni’s Pizza in Westwood Village, and had to go to work before Ann arrived to pick up Jessie – so they went over to Westwood to meet Brooke.

43 Replies to "From the WSB Lost/Found Pets page: Jessie's been found!"

• comment-avatar
    TreyseaLin October 31, 2012 (4:49 pm)

Hooray! This makes my day. :)

• comment-avatar
    jwws October 31, 2012 (4:49 pm)

Such a great ending! Thank you Tracy and Patrick and the whole WS community who have pulled together to make this reunion happen!!!!

• comment-avatar
    Kim October 31, 2012 (4:51 pm)

Amazing–and Brooke: incredible patience and care! Wow! Lovely ending to this story so many of us have been following.

• comment-avatar
    Laura October 31, 2012 (4:52 pm)

This just made my day! Thank you to Brooke for not giving up. And for West Seattle blog and the many citizens who always kept an eye out for Jessie. Good people out here indeed.

• comment-avatar
    WD October 31, 2012 (5:03 pm)

Wahoo! So glad the girl is home!

• comment-avatar
    Marianne October 31, 2012 (5:34 pm)

What great news! Glad Brooke called and chased her!

• comment-avatar
    linda October 31, 2012 (5:41 pm)

Doing the happy dance for Jessie and her person!! I have been watching for her around work and following the postings on the blog, hoping and praying she whould make it home safe.

• comment-avatar
    JW October 31, 2012 (5:49 pm)

This is why I LOVE WS!

• comment-avatar
    DTK October 31, 2012 (5:50 pm)

Thank Dog!

• comment-avatar
    shed22 October 31, 2012 (5:56 pm)

Great news!! I can only imagine the joy expressed at the reunion, both dog and human!

• comment-avatar
    mz October 31, 2012 (6:06 pm)

Wonderful news. I saw the postings everywhere. I am glad to see a happy ending.

• comment-avatar
    MaryV October 31, 2012 (6:10 pm)

I am so glad to hear about this reunion. I dont have dogs, but if one of my cats got loose I would be so grateful if someone cared enough and was willing to take time out of their busy schedule to catch my lost pet. Thank you Brooke for being a great West Seattle neighbor!

• comment-avatar
    LStephens October 31, 2012 (6:53 pm)

Love a happy ending! I’ll bet Jessie and her human rest well tonight after 11 days on the run. Great news.

• comment-avatar
    SJoy October 31, 2012 (7:02 pm)

YAY!!! I’m so happy she has been found. I drove around a lot looking for her as well. I just couldn’t imagine one of my dogs being missing for that long.
    Soooo happy for Jessie and mom!!!!

• comment-avatar
    miws October 31, 2012 (7:06 pm)

I’ll bet Brooke is just about everybody’s favorite West Seattelite right now! ;-)

Mike

• comment-avatar
    Brooke October 31, 2012 (7:17 pm)

Could not have done it without the speedy help of the west Seattle blog! I am just happy Jessie is safe and was worth the chase to see Jessie’s owners reaction!

• comment-avatar
    bearschick October 31, 2012 (7:25 pm)

I am so glad to hear this and happy happy happy for you. I’ve had many pets and cannot fathom the feeling of when they are missing. Enjoy every moment!

• comment-avatar
    Noelle October 31, 2012 (7:46 pm)

Great job getting her home! Way to go West Seattle Blog and Brooke!

• comment-avatar
    WsBoB October 31, 2012 (7:47 pm)

I would like to see a pic of the reunion…

• comment-avatar
      WSB October 31, 2012 (8:29 pm)

We will be adding to the story later … Out covering Halloween right now.

• comment-avatar
    Cassies Mom October 31, 2012 (8:10 pm)

I love happy endings like this! Right now my light golden retriever is missing from around Stevens & 52nd. Jessie made it home helps us bring our Cassie home as well!

• comment-avatar
    enviromaven October 31, 2012 (8:23 pm)

Great story…so nice to read this happy ending!

• comment-avatar
    jwws October 31, 2012 (8:37 pm)

Cassie’s Mom have you posted. To pet page?? Hope your girl comes home soon

• comment-avatar
    James Mahler October 31, 2012 (10:16 pm)

Great story.

• comment-avatar
    DBurns October 31, 2012 (10:31 pm)

Brooke is such a sweet girl – we adore her at Giannoni’s! I knew this was a HUGE deal that she found Jessie! Can’t imagine how happy Ann is tonight!

• comment-avatar
    oddreality November 1, 2012 (12:44 am)

Cassiesmom, hope you find your girl soon!! A post in the forums to alert people to your plight helps if you do not find her soon! Your message gets lost in these replies.

• comment-avatar
    B-squared November 1, 2012 (7:13 am)

Thanks Brooke, for caring enough to pursue Jessie. This has been a sad story to follow but a part of me thought that it’s fortunate that Jessie had gone missing in West Seattle. Between the WSBlog and a caring community, Jessie’s chances of being reunited with her owner were good:-)

• comment-avatar
    WS Parent November 1, 2012 (7:35 am)

I love happy West Seattle endings!!! Great work Brooke and to all those who were keeping an eye out for her!!!

• comment-avatar
    ML November 1, 2012 (8:02 am)

YAY! YAY! YAY! I have been following the Jessie saga closely and keeping a look out for her whenever driving/walking around West Seattle.worried about her being so cold, wet and tired looking for her people, and knowing how anxious her people probably were the whole time she was gone. I have two dogs and could not imagine going through this roller coaster if they went missing. I am so elated to hear that she has been reunited! Way to go Brooke, what an effort to get Jessie!

• comment-avatar
    Rose November 1, 2012 (8:14 am)

Truly awesome! Love how this dog made it back home due to this gal’s help!

• comment-avatar
    k November 1, 2012 (8:31 am)

THE BEST!

• comment-avatar
    ca November 1, 2012 (8:53 am)

YAY BROOKE! LOVE THIS HAPPY ENDING HER AND ANOTHER DOG IN NORTH END BEEN FOLLOWING TO SEE IF FOUND, SADLY OTHER DOG IN NORTH END GOING ON MONTH MISSING….WELL ONE HAPPY ENDING! :)

• comment-avatar
    Chris W November 1, 2012 (9:39 am)

Happy ending, yes! I will start pulling.down signs as I see them. Somebody did a great job covering WS far and wide with Jessie’s photo.

• comment-avatar
    39th and Morgan November 1, 2012 (9:46 am)

Great photos! So happy all is well!

• comment-avatar
    elisaid November 1, 2012 (11:58 am)

A couple of years ago, my cat went on a 3 week walk about. I had given up hope I would see her again. One day I looked and the lost & Found pets forum and there was her picture. Turns out she wandered all of two blocks onto the other side of California from me where a great couple fed her and posted her pic. I went and got her and she was just fine. About a year later, she took off again. About a week later I got a phone call asking if I was missing a cat, she had shown up at the same house as before and they had kept my phone number. Gotta love West Seattle!! Fortunately, I think that was her last walk about.

• comment-avatar
    libertygirl November 1, 2012 (12:04 pm)

The photo says it all – I ♥ happy endings!!!

• comment-avatar
    CBellum November 1, 2012 (12:28 pm)

Brooke, would love to hear how you actually caught her? Did you run her into a fenced yard or something? Job well done!

• comment-avatar
    Panda November 1, 2012 (1:39 pm)

WOOHOOO!!!! So glad to hear. Our dog jumped the fence a few months back and was nowhere to be found. But, the community really came together. A lady found her, took her to Angelina’s restaurant (because she has cats), who took her to Mutley Crew’s. Now if Mutleys had posted on WSB they had her I would have known a day sooner… but I was able to get her. afterall … all was good. WS is a great community.

• comment-avatar
    Brooke November 1, 2012 (1:40 pm)

Thank you for all the appreciation. While turning into my street, I saw a dog running with no obvious owner in site.The dog looked a lot like my neighbor’s dog. My friend stopped the car and I hoped out to try and coax the dog to me. I called my neighbor’s dogs name and the dog I was chasing (Jessie) ran. I got in my friends car and we tried to find her again. I spotted her and we were going 30mph and she was running just as fast. My friend and I worked together to corner her and finally landed in someones back yard. We waited till she came to us and I grabed her harness. I could tell she was scared and this was obviously not my neighbor’s dog. We put her in the car and drove her back to my house. I gave her water, food, dryed her off, and put her on a leash. It was clear that she belonged to someone. She responded to commands and looked very lost. I immediatley posted a picture on the West Seattle blog and with their speedy help- was able to reunite Jessie with her owner. I had no idea she had been missing for so long, but am grateful that Jessie let me catch her.

• comment-avatar
    Hannah November 1, 2012 (2:45 pm)

Brooke you are a life saver!!!
    Jessie was a boarding dog, and she got lost while her mom was on vacation. Her mom did not come home until a week later, and we had to tell her the news, It was devestationg. We contacted so many people, emailed a ton, called in the search dog, and everything. We tried to let everyone know, flyers posted every day, then the rain took down the huge neon posters, so for about 4 days we had no sightings, then we got more neon posters up, thena day or two later, I hear Brooke has tackled her. The funny thing is..is that when Jessie got lost, the one who was watching her was named Brooke too.. it must of been ment to be..because she left from a Brooke, and was found my a Brooke! Thank you EVERYONE from WEST SEATTLE! If Jessie was lost in Seattle(where she was being boarded) I don’t think this would be the outcome, but because she was in West Seattle, that made it possible to get her back. I love how everyone cares for animals! Thank you so much EVERYONE! I can’t explain my thankfulness. This is the best thing ever! I saw Jessie today, she looks great! Just a little skinner, and VERY happy to be back with her mom!!! Thank you everyone!!!!!!
    -Hannah

• comment-avatar
    higgins November 1, 2012 (3:14 pm)

The look on Jessie’s face in the reunion pic is priceless: “I’m never doing THAT again”

• comment-avatar
    Lisa DeWilde November 1, 2012 (4:08 pm)

awwww… I was wondering about what was happening. It is such a horrible feeling when you lose an animal and are left wondering… That is so wonderful!

• comment-avatar
    LivesInWS November 1, 2012 (9:35 pm)

What a sweet-looking dog. So happy for dog, her person, and a big shout-out to Brooke!

WP-Backgrounds by InoPlugs Web Design and Juwelier Schönmann