West Seattle weather: Smoky air, from up above

September 14, 2012 at 2:35 pm | In West Seattle news, West Seattle weather | 6 Comments

Wherever you are, the smoke that’s drifted over from fires to our east is hard to miss – for the reduced visibility and for the breathing difficulty it’s causing for some. Cliff Mass showed satellite views on his website Thursday, and that’s also when West Seattle pilot/photographer Long Bach Nguyen took the photo you see above. No rain in the forecast any time soon, by the way.

1. This smokey haze reminds me of living in LA.

Comment by zip line — 6:02 pm September 14, 2012 #

2. I could smell it Wednesday morning as I drove towards downtown.

Comment by JanS — 6:08 pm September 14, 2012 #

3. I drove to Ellensburg today to visit a friend. The smoke was visible from Seattle through Snoqualmie Pass and on into Eburg. One Eburg local remarked that he’s never seen anything like it.

Comment by elisabeth — 9:19 pm September 14, 2012 #

4. I love Seattle summers. And, boy, this has been one of the great ones!

With that said, I find myself missing the rain. Don’t curse me, crowd, but I wouldn’t mind a little wash. Or even a weekend spent entirely in bed because why not, what else? I miss those beautiful, grey Seattle moments.

And it would help the fires. So there’s that, too.

Comment by shed22 — 9:38 pm September 14, 2012 #

5. It rained last week.

Comment by Velo_nut — 5:08 am September 15, 2012 #

6. We need some REAL Seattle rain to clean the air! Yuck!

Comment by Noelle — 10:31 am September 15, 2012 #