West Seattle restaurants: Firefly Café and Creperie winging toward October

September 13, 2012 at 3:28 pm | In West Seattle news, West Seattle restaurants | 12 Comments

Quick update on the Firefly Café and Creperie, soon to take wing on the northeast corner of California and Genesee at the north edge of The Junction, as reported here in June: Proprietor Charell Estby says she is penciling in October 26th-October 28th as the grand-opening weekend. This week, she’s been busy with inspections; the plum-colored paint job you see in our photo went up a month ago. (She told Facebook fans it’s “caramel” inside.)

1. I found a coupon in the Best of West Seattle coupon book in today’s post! I’ve clipped it and will visit when you open!

Comment by MercyMoi — 4:25 pm September 13, 2012 #

2. I’ll be first in line at the opening. This will be an awesome place, I can tell.
    [subtle heads-up on the accents ;-)]

Comment by RG — 5:00 pm September 13, 2012 #

3. Don’t be subtle – if something’s wrong, please tell us so we can fix it. I’ve started accenting café wherever I find it but have no idea re: creperie.

Comment by WSB — 5:06 pm September 13, 2012 #

4. This sounds really good!

Comment by West Seattle since 1979 — 6:02 pm September 13, 2012 #

5. We are so looking forward to it!

Comment by Anne — 6:04 pm September 13, 2012 #

6. Perfect timing, we’ll be moving in next door in October as well, looking forward to spending a lot of time creping.

Comment by Sound Ad Group — 7:03 pm September 13, 2012 #

7. TR, FWIW, Googling and picking a random link, showed that the “^” symbol above the first “e” in Creperie, and the accent mark above the second.

Mike

Comment by miws — 9:37 pm September 13, 2012 #

8. Mike, that link is to a crepiere (a crepe maker), not a creperie (a crepe restaurant). Creperie has a circumflex (^) over the first ‘e’, no other accents.

Comment by bigmark — 10:23 pm September 13, 2012 #

9. How ever it’s spelled . . . I want you so badly, Firefly! Can’t wait for the opening! Apparently I will be second in line to RG.

Where’s the menu? (IMO, Facebook is cumbersome, even if the information is there.)

Comment by shed22 — 10:23 pm September 13, 2012 #

10. Nutella with strawberries please!! Can’t wait!

Comment by breezygirl — 5:33 am September 14, 2012 #

11. So cool to see all of the excitement! I’m looking forward to opening and meeting everyone. The menu will be published on the website when it goes live probably early next month (sweet and savory delights!). I’ll also offer a “build your own” menu – so you can choose your own fillings. Soon, guys! Soon!

Comment by Charell (Firefly owner) — 6:36 am September 14, 2012 #

12. Oh wow, something DIFFERENT in West Seattle!!! I can’t wait.

Comment by Ray West — 10:18 am September 15, 2012 #