See local band Not Dead Yet’s new ‘West Seattle Hey’ video

September 5, 2012 at 9:59 pm | In West Seattle news, WS culture/arts | 17 Comments

Thanks to Sherri Chun of Admiral for sharing that new video by Not Dead Yet – a West Seattle band whose members include her husband Paul Zarkowski. The song is NDY’s “signature song ‘West Seattle Hey‘,” and the video is produced by West Seattleite Erik Nachtrieb of 1iOpen Productions. Sherri enthuses, “The song is about West Seattle, written and performed by guys from West Seattle, and the video was filmed in West Seattle … There are great shots of Easy Street, Bakery Nouveau, the Poggie Tavern, Alki Beach, and Jack Block Park. All great symbols of WS. And the song is catchy and fun.” NDY – who we recorded singing “West Seattle Hey” at the WestSide Baby cocktail party earlier this year (WSB coverage here) – will be performing at the Poggie at 9 pm this Saturday and the Feedback Lounge (WSB sponsor) at 9 pm October 19th, Sherri says.

1. Ok, that was pretty damn cool. Now I want to try that Poggie place.

Comment by PangolinPie — 10:07 pm September 5, 2012 #

2. catchy tunes and true lyrics – what else matters?

and on a grey and damp day at that – actually my fav kind of West Seattle day -

Comment by chas redmond — 10:15 pm September 5, 2012 #

3. Awww, that was fun! Gotta love our West Sesttle. :)

Comment by Cheryl — 10:40 pm September 5, 2012 #

4. well Sherri beat me to it by a few minutes; just sat down to email you about this fabulous video that I got to see tonight, a must-see for everyone in West Seattle
    ~
    tonight was incredible evening at the home of Barbara and Martin Sherry, who hosted Elizabeth Warren Watch Party (and just celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary); turns out he’s in this band, along with his son-in-law, and played it for us; I LOVE it; Martin is in the bright red shirt; I saw them play at the rained out Alki Summer Streets, so was thrilled to hear he’s in this band (and about 5 other bands)
    ~
    btw Chas; he said it was about 39 degrees that day and they were absolutely freezing

Comment by Diane — 11:07 pm September 5, 2012 #

5. Diane – she actually sent it last night :) I just didn’t get a chance to publish the item till tonight. Sherri explained NDY to us before the WestSide Baby event a while back – basically, the husbands of the gals (including her) in a book club!

Comment by WSB — 11:14 pm September 5, 2012 #

6. I’m just so happy you got this video up so everyone can see

Here’s their FB page:

“In the great tradition of indie bands producing music videos with zero budget, Not Dead Yet gives you this. Many thanks to Erik Nachtrieb at 1iopenproductions, and Eric Evenson for being an awesome Production Assistant and suffering in 39 degree weather. Enjoy!”

Comment by Diane — 11:33 pm September 5, 2012 #

7. Love it!

Comment by LongTimer WS — 6:35 am September 6, 2012 #

8. I loved it and it’s going to be going around in my head all day today…not a bad thing!

Comment by Jennifer — 7:50 am September 6, 2012 #

9. I love it, too!

Comment by KatherineL — 8:15 am September 6, 2012 #

10. Absolutely awesome! Now I have a new theme song! I shared this on Facebook…my east coast friends got nothin’ on us here in DubSea!

Comment by CEA — 8:18 am September 6, 2012 #

11. Great job and congratulations! Nice production by 1iopen too. Like ‘CEA’, I plan on sharing this around the globe!

Comment by Fiona — 10:32 am September 6, 2012 #

12. …simplemente fabuloso!!!!!!

Comment by Ernie and Karni — 1:56 pm September 6, 2012 #

13. Nice! Thanks for sharing!!

Comment by Nitro — 3:02 pm September 6, 2012 #

14. So nice, so very nice! And who is that drummer?

Comment by Ted Diamond — 8:20 pm September 6, 2012 #

15. Loved it! Sent it to all my out of town formerly from west seattle friends.

Comment by Leslie — 8:24 pm September 6, 2012 #

16. they forgot to mention the octopus!!! :) great song none-the-less!

Comment by DiverLaura — 11:53 pm September 6, 2012 #

17. Thanks for the nice comments, everyone! We had fun doing it – glad you enjoyed!

Comment by Not Dead Yet — 12:53 pm September 7, 2012 #