Traffic alert: Crash at 35th and Raymond

August 21, 2012 at 6:03 pm | In West Seattle news, WS breaking news | 5 Comments

The outside southbound lane is blocked on 35th at the scene of a two-car crash. One of the cars went onto the sidewalk on the southwest corner and into a hedge. An ambulance and tow truck are there; avoid the area for a bit.

1. Not too bad if you’re going northbound on 35th. I snapped a pic when I was at the light. Looks like a small red pickup lost its bed and the white sedan had both airbags deployed. Truck got hit pretty hard. Ambulance drove away without lights southbound. Hope no one’s going to the morgue. Looked fairly serious from the damage.

Comment by Paul — 6:08 pm August 21, 2012 #

2. That was really scary. I was sitting at the bus stop when it happened. Nobody died that I could see. The guy in the truck looked pretty shaken up though. I’m not sure he had an airbag. Police and firemen got there pretty fast and started patching things up.

Comment by Sofia — 9:21 pm August 21, 2012 #

3. how does the back of a truck fall off? it looked old or it was a make-shift maybe?

Comment by hmmmm — 7:12 am August 22, 2012 #

4. I’m amazed how fast folks drive on 35th; definitely over 35mph and yesterday alone I noted 4 cars running red lights and not yellow to red. There have been three (very tragic) deaths I know of within that block in the past two years. It’s got a crosswalk as well, which makes it even more vulnerable. I hope everyone was okay. Any updates?

Comment by Cole — 7:47 am August 22, 2012 #

5. We had to grab this on the fly as a quick traffic update more than anything else – since it was an ambulance and not a medic unit, that means the injuries weren’t life-threatening – not sure what more we’ll be able to find out but will be asking. – TR

Comment by WSB — 7:49 am August 22, 2012 #