Update: Democratic Convention viewing party in West Seattle

August 27, 2012 at 2:03 pm | In West Seattle news, West Seattle politics | 6 Comments

SEPTEMBER 4TH UPDATE: Skylark’s projector isn’t working – so this has been moved to the Heartland Café in the Admiral District.

ORIGINAL AUGUST 31ST REPORT: The night of the 2008 general election, the biggest public Election Night watch party in town was at Skylark Café and Club in North Delridge. For this year’s election season, Skylark also will be the site of a watch party the night President Obama accepts his party’s nomination at the Democratic National Convention. Skylark proprietor Jessie SK tells WSB the event, organized by local campaign reps, is set for 5-8:30 pm Thursday, September 6th. (According to the event’s outline, the president’s speech is expected between 6:30 and 7:30 pm.)

P.S. If any local venue is planning a similar party for this week’s Republican convention, please let us know.

1. If you get me word by tomorrow (TUES.9/28) before the 9a.m. ferry, I will be glad to hand-deliver to any address on the Westside my “Another Mama for OBAMA” T-Shirts (as seen at West Seattle Summer Fair!) Delivery would happen tomorrow afternoon/evening. Perfect for Watch Parties. One-time offer, then I am off to Oregon to my baby boy’s wedding for a week! See them at http://www.obamamamashirt.com Reply here!!

Comment by Margaret in Vashon — 2:29 pm August 27, 2012 #

2. Tomorrow is 9/28? I missed an entire month!?!?

Comment by Rob — 3:19 pm August 27, 2012 #

3. Be kind. I had a typo on the story myself (just fixed thanks to a kind reader who e-mailed). Lately it does feel like an entire month goes by in a blink. – TR

Comment by WSB — 3:21 pm August 27, 2012 #

4. we’ll just chalk it up to MOTG brainfog!!!

Comment by Margaret in Vashon — 3:59 pm August 27, 2012 #

5. Just want to let Santorum and Paul supporters know the new schedule since the hurricane:

Santorum’s speech is between 7:00 and 8:00 pm on Tuesday.

Ron Paul video & Rand Paul speech is between 7:00 and 8:00 pm Wednesday.

Full schedule here: http://www.bizjournals.com/prnewswire/press_releases/2012/08/26/DC62942

The best way to catch convention coverage is to watch it on C-SPAN. For those without cable TV (like me), the live coverage & podcasts are available at http://www.c-span.org/

Comment by JoAnne — 7:45 pm August 27, 2012 #