Why the helicopter’s over South Delridge/White Center

July 13, 2012 at 4:57 pm | In Crime, Helicopter, West Seattle news, White Center | 6 Comments

4:57 PM: Asked about the helicopter that seems to be searching in that area, Seattle Police here at Summer Fest told us there’s a bank robbery in White Center – so we’re trying to find out more from King County Sheriff’s Office.

5:03 PM: Sgt. Kathleen Larson with KCSO says the robbery happened less than an hour ago at the KeyBank on 17th SW in White Center. They’re looking for a man described as white, in his 20s, 5-5, wearing a beanie, gray sweatshirt, light blue jeans. He was last seen running out of the bank. No injuries reported.

1. Thank you, I was wondering! I tried to convince myself it was related to the helicopter show at Boeing Field.

Comment by me on 28th Ave SW — 5:09 pm July 13, 2012 #

2. I got home JUST before it must have happened because there was nothing until I walked in the door. Watched the circling helicopter an canine unit! Exciting, but I don’t think they have the suspect yet. Dang.

Comment by jedifarfy — 5:24 pm July 13, 2012 #

3. The helicopter is gone now. I’ve seen at least two Seattle police cars circling and one Burien police car.

Comment by Melissa — 5:27 pm July 13, 2012 #

4. My neighbor saw two people getting arrested, two hours ago just a few blocks north of the bank. Not sure if its related.

Comment by Kari — 8:40 pm July 13, 2012 #

5. 11th & 12th aves were both closed at Henderson with sheriffs & police. Of course we checked wsb but nothing up yet. Thought about emailing but saw the pics from the street fair & looked like you were having a nice day & wanted to give you a break! I knew you would have it later…thanks guys :)

Comment by credible witness — 11:49 pm July 13, 2012 #

6. CW, *please* let us know if you see news somewhere. There is no way for us to know about police calls in most cases without people tipping us off … sometimes if we’re lucky we catch them on the scanner, but it’s very difficult to monitor while we’re working Summer Fest. The best way to reach us any time, anywhere, is 206-293-6302, text or voice, and luckily we started getting some texts and e-mails but not till Guardian One showed up … I hollered for one of the police working Summer Fest, to ask them, and then when a sergeant told me it was a bank robbery in the county, I called the KCSO media-relations sergeant, but she hadn’t even heard yet (did look up the info for me pretty quick though) … Summer Fest is great ‘n’ all but our most important job is to report on stuff like this. Thanks … TR

Comment by WSB — 12:11 am July 14, 2012 #