Just in case you weren’t clear from yesterday’s WSDOT announcement, we doublechecked today – the Sunday-through-Thursday-night overnight closures of the southbound Alaskan Way Viaduct/99 stretch between downtown and the West Seattle Bridge are planned EVERY week from now till fall weather arrives.
Also just announced, in this week’s edition of the Construction Lookahead update, there will be a weekend NORTHBOUND closure at the end of this month (this time frame includes the Seafair Torchlight Run closure):
July 28-30, northbound lanes of the Alaskan Way Viaduct will be closed between the West Seattle Bridge and S Royal Brougham Way on-ramp from 5:30 PM Saturday through 5 AM Monday. The northbound lanes will be open north of Royal Brougham after the completion of the Torchlight Run the evening of July 28th.
And if you’re planning even further ahead, the Construction Lookahead also includes the I-90 bridge closure times/dates for Blue Angels practices and airshows in early August: Thursday, August 2, 9:45 am to noon AND 1:15-2:30 pm, plus Friday-Sunday, August 3rd-5th, 12:45 pm-2:40 pm each day.
P.S. A few minutes after we published this, SDOT came out with its list of what’s ahead for next week for the Spokane Street Viaduct. As previously mentioned, NO full closures, in either direction, but some overnight lane closures are in store – read on:
Thursday, July 19 – Friday, July 20
· Eastbound traffic on the Spokane Street Viaduct between I-5 and SR 99 will be reduced to one lane both nights from 10 p.m. until 5 a.m. the following morning. Both the First and Fourth Avenue S off-ramps will remain open.
· North/south traffic on Fourth Avenue S at S Spokane Street will be reduced to one lane in each direction both nights from 10 p.m. until 5 a.m. the following morning. Traffic will be shifted to the east or west sides of the intersection.
Tuesday, July 24
· North/south traffic on First Avenue S at S Spokane Street will be reduced to one lane in each direction overnight from 10 p.m. until 5 a.m. Wednesday morning.
Wednesday, July 25
· North/south traffic on Fourth Avenue S at S Spokane Street will be reduced to one lane in each direction overnight from 10 p.m. until 5 a.m. Thursday morning.
Thursday, July 26 – Friday, July 27
· Southbound traffic on E Marginal Way S will be detoured to the west at S Spokane Street both nights from 10 p.m. until 5 a.m. the following morning.
Monday, July 30 – Friday, August 3
· The eastbound First Avenue S off-ramp will be closed nightly from 10 p.m. until 5 a.m. the following morning.