Happening now: 1st day for High Point Market Garden Farm Stand

July 11, 2012 at 5:32 pm | In Gardening, High Point, West Seattle news | 8 Comments

That’s the whiteboard for what’s available right now at the High Point Market Garden Farm Stand, open for the first time this year, Wednesdays 4-7 pm. The farmers took a quick break for our photo:

Their plots are literally next to the stand – so it’s as farm-fresh as you can get – 32nd and Juneau (map).

1. Awesome, nice work!

Comment by TM — 5:40 pm July 11, 2012 #

2. This is awesome! Will have to make a trip over there.

Comment by Harry_Reems — 5:40 pm July 11, 2012 #

3. Did I read the sign right, $4.00 a pound for potatoes? That can’t be right.

Comment by boy — 6:42 pm July 11, 2012 #

4. If you only buy what you use for the next few days, $4/lb isn’t that bad. We bought a bunch of carrots and some snap peas for dinner tomorrow night. Everything tastes so much sweeter than from the supermarket.

Comment by MrsL — 8:08 pm July 11, 2012 #

5. A bit high for potatoes but I look at it as a good cause and yes very fresh! Will support this!

Comment by coffee — 8:47 pm July 11, 2012 #

6. Had a bundle of their lettuce for dinner and washed and bagged the rest. Take that Fresh Express!

Comment by Trickycoolj — 8:56 pm July 11, 2012 #

7. This is great! I walk by this garden and the farmers every day. They truly look like they love what they are doing. I can’t wait to check this out next week.

Comment by SJ2 — 10:06 pm July 11, 2012 #

8. I’ve been going by every week to see when they open. Glad to see it. I shopped last year and it was wonderfully fresh food!

Comment by Marcee Stone — 9:53 am July 12, 2012 #