Update: About that Fire Department ‘rope rescue’ response

July 16, 2012 at 1:02 pm | In West Seattle news, WS breaking news | 6 Comments

1:02 PM: Big response off to the 5600 block of 29th SW, which is the golf course/Camp Long vicinity. We believe the dispatch was for someone “stuck in a tree” – we’re en route. And just as we typed that, most of the units have been canceled – we’re continuing just to check it out.

1:10 PM: We’re not there yet but we did want to let you know, if you are seeing a helicopter in the North Delridge area, it’s a TV chopper that was sent to check this out.

1:25 PM: The incident is definitely over – so over, the last fire unit was leaving as we pulled up. Still checking to try to find out a little bit more but bottom line, all’s well now.

2:28 PM: SFD spokesperson Kyle Moore says it was a report of an 11-year-old in a tree … and the child turned out to be all of five feet up, so the call was canceled.

1. I think Guardian One is flying overhead. I see a medic unit going back but before that three fire trucks drove by. Hope they got the person down ok.

Comment by LyndaB — 1:10 pm July 16, 2012 #

2. I was wondering what the hovering, circling chopper was all about. Knew I would find the answer here. :-)

Comment by Ronnie Applewhite — 1:10 pm July 16, 2012 #

3. Thanks for the update, TR. I thought the helicopter was going to land on 26th it was hovering so closely. I was crossing my fingers that it wasn’t criminal activity. I hope they get the person out of the tree safely.

Comment by heli overhead — 1:12 pm July 16, 2012 #

4. Good grief!

Comment by WTF — 4:01 pm July 16, 2012 #

5. I’m gonna “go out of a limb” and guess that a child on a cell phone called this in?? Or perhaps a very, very vertically challenged adult?

Comment by me on 28th Ave SW — 4:56 pm July 16, 2012 #