West Seattle scenes: Busy day on the beach

June 4, 2012 at 1:17 pm | In West Seattle beaches, West Seattle news | 8 Comments

Luckie shares that photo from the beach at Constellation Park south of Alki Point, the most popular tidewalking spot during this morning’s low-low tide – we drove by around noon and noted school buses from Mercer Island, Issaquah, and Seattle districts. (Further south, we noted a Highline bus across from Me-Kwa-Mooks.) On West Seattle’s north-facing shore, we stopped for a look at the stubs of pilings where the Luna Park amusement park stood a century ago:

Here’s a Luna Park photo from the Seattle Municipal Archives:

Tomorrow’s low-low tide is the lowest of the month, -3.8 just after noon.

1. Me kwa mooks, you kwa mooks, they kwa mooks.

Thank you for the opportunity to say this. I have always wanted to. My apologies to any native Salish speakers. Feel free to make fun of my name, which in Finnish means “Awkward Donut Maker”.

Comment by cranky Westie — 1:49 pm June 4, 2012 #

2. No fun-making re: Finns here; my co-publisher/husband is half Finnish. – TR

Comment by WSB — 2:13 pm June 4, 2012 #

3. my son was one of the Seattle school kids out for a field trip – looks like they were having fun!

Comment by Christie — 3:16 pm June 4, 2012 #

4. my pictures from today’s low tide

Comment by Jim Clark — 3:45 pm June 4, 2012 #

5. @WSB, I am sorry but, if half of your husband is Finnish, does that mean the other half is not done? I’m sorry again.

Comment by let them swim — 4:26 pm June 4, 2012 #

6. Tomorrow’s isn’t just the lowest of the month. It’s the lowest of the year!

Comment by wellil — 6:55 pm June 4, 2012 #

7. The historic photo of Luna Park is great. I cannot imagine how different life was here at Duwamish Head compared to now.

Comment by Bill at Duwamish Head — 6:16 am June 5, 2012 #

8. @let them swim – ba-dump-bump-CHING! ;-)

Comment by sun*e — 8:32 am June 5, 2012 #