West Seattle photographers’ views, from way up, and close up

May 27, 2012 at 10:45 am | In Seen around town, West Seattle news | 18 Comments

Two photos to share (click either/both for larger views):

From pilot/photographer Long Bach Nguyen, a view of the Admiral District, looking north to Elliott Bay, this Friday – note Hiawatha at lower right.

Meantime, Machel Spence, who often shares closeup looks at tiny marvels, wonders if you can guess what this is:

Her only clue: She took the photo Saturday at Village Green Perennial Nursery (WSB sponsor), where she says her photo cards will soon be sold.

1. Tracey, do you want me to let you in on it or do you want to guess? A lot of people on FB guessed eggplant and a few thought it was two fairies with fancy hats on but since I have not seen evidence of the latter I WILL say it’s not eggplant.

Comment by Machel Spence — 11:27 am May 27, 2012 #

2. I just asked you in e-mail because I was curious. Lot of people won’t even see this till the holiday weekend’s over so just let it run :) – TR

Comment by WSB — 11:35 am May 27, 2012 #

3. I am e-mailing you what it is right now…it fooled me, I thought it was some kind of undiscovered fungi!

Comment by Machel Spence — 12:39 pm May 27, 2012 #

4. What a fantastic shot over West Seattle. The other one looks like something someone might chew on before going to a Pink Floyd show.

Comment by 4thGenWestSide — 2:01 pm May 27, 2012 #

5. Thank you to both photographers. I very much enjoy WSB posting these shots.

Comment by West Seattleite — 2:04 pm May 27, 2012 #

6. 4thGen, I’ll see you on the dark side of the moon….

Mike

Comment by miws — 4:47 pm May 27, 2012 #

7. I’m guessing the flowers are from a Paulownia tree.

Comment by I. Ponder — 8:35 pm May 27, 2012 #

8. Ummm….12-day-old chicken embryos? ;-)

Comment by islewrite — 8:46 pm May 27, 2012 #

9. Not totally sure but that flower could be a root parasite called Broomrape:

Comment by Amber — 10:12 am May 28, 2012 #

10. I’m fairly certain they are Paulownia tree flowers that have fallen to the ground. Will anyone be confirming this?

Comment by I. Ponder — 2:56 pm May 28, 2012 #

11. Machel will answer :)

Comment by WSB — 3:09 pm May 28, 2012 #

12. DING…they are paulownia tree flowers stuck in the dirt upside-down! Great job Ponder!

Comment by Machel Spence — 7:12 pm May 28, 2012 #

13. So happy. What did I win?

Comment by I. Ponder — 8:04 pm May 28, 2012 #

14. Bragging rights!

Comment by WSB — 8:12 pm May 28, 2012 #

15. I didn’t win the photo? DOH!

Comment by I. Ponder — 9:39 pm May 28, 2012 #

16. LOL…Ponder, I can make that happen, and I can even meet you and sign it for you. How about that?? Write me and we will make a time… info@spencephotography.com

Comment by Machel Spence — 10:38 am May 29, 2012 #

17. So cool! Machel I think you are my favorite photographer. Not that I’m keeping a running tally, but every time I see your work it speaks to me and I have come to recognize your hand. Thanks for continuing to post them here!

Comment by 35this35mph — 10:33 pm May 29, 2012 #