235+ sales for West Seattle Community Garage Sale Day 2012

April 26, 2012 at 8:45 am | In Community Garage Sale Day, West Seattle news | 7 Comments

garagesaledaysmalllog5.jpgRegistration closed overnight for this year’s West Seattle Community Garage Sale Day – coming up Saturday, May 12th! – with more than 235 sales signed up, north to south, east to west, small to big, all over the peninsula! A BIG part of making it a successful day is for us as WSCGSD’s coordinating organization to finish The Map (printable and clickable versions) so that it can be made widely available a week in advance, and the map-creation process starts now.

BUT FIRST: If you signed up, PLEASE check to be sure you have both the official confirmation note from us AND a receipt from PayPal – the form we use does NOT finalize sale listings unless both parts of the process were completed (we realize some might change their minds midway through). We already sent notes to several would-be sellers who didn’t complete the process, and it looks like we have more to send today – but if you don’t respond to our note, we can’t get you on the map. If you have any question about your sale’s status, we’d be happy to check the list to confirm; e-mail us at garagesale@westseattleblog.com. Watch for more updates between now and Sale Day here, on the official site at westseattlegaragesale.com, and on Facebook (the WSCGSD page is here, and we’ll crosspost major updates to the official WSB FB page here).

1. so exciting – that is the most sales EVER!! Thank goodness i have been saving my pennies!

Comment by Christie — 9:02 am April 26, 2012 #

2. Is there anyway to still register. I am a day late but would love to join in. Please let me know if there is anything I can do.

Comment by Althea Bradley — 11:14 am April 26, 2012 #

3. Do any sellers need some hollow-core doors to use as tables to display their wares? I’m desperately trying to get rid of two closet doors. They’re listed free on Craigslist, and still waiting on our porch at 8126 32nd Ave SW. Please come and get ‘em!

Comment by Kelly — 12:31 pm April 26, 2012 #

4. Same comment as Althea. I missed the registration deadline but have had a sale for the last two years and would love to join!

Comment by Renee — 2:02 pm April 26, 2012 #

5. Me too! I missed the sign up.

Comment by Yumpears — 7:41 pm April 26, 2012 #

6. Me three (or I guess four!) I’m such a slacker. I can’t believe I missed the deadline. If there is some last, last call I’d love to get in on it.

Comment by krista — 9:14 pm April 26, 2012 #

7. Sorry … just can’t do post-deadline signups … but if you don’t have a TON of stuff to sell, check to see if Hotwire or C & P has space in their group areas!

Comment by WSB — 12:42 am April 27, 2012 #