West Seattle restaurants: Burger truck going bricks-mortar on Delridge

February 19, 2012 at 9:41 am | In Delridge, West Seattle news, West Seattle restaurants | 25 Comments

The burger truck Charlie’s Buns ‘n’ Stuff has announced via Facebook that they’re opening a bricks-and-mortar location in West Seattle. While we await a reply to our request for comment, details are already in this link they shared from Seattle Metropolitan‘s website – which reports that Charlie’s has leased space at 5214 Delridge Way SW (right) and plans to open a burger/cheesesteak sitdown restaurant with room for 25 by early summer. The Charlie’s Buns truck first started visiting West Seattle last spring. It’s the third food truck working on a West Seattle bricks-and-mortar location right now (along with Athena’s and Marination).

Side note: If the Delridge address sounds familiar, that’s because it has made news in the past for previous and potential tenants, but it’s undergone a lot of remodeling and renovation work in the past year-plus.

1. YUM! I love Charlie’s … have been dreaming of their PB&J burger since the Mobile Chowdown :-)

Comment by JenS — 9:52 am February 19, 2012 #

2. Will their be hotdogs?

Comment by Ken — 9:57 am February 19, 2012 #

3. Let me see here….isn’t this property less than one block away from DNDA’s Brandon court property that they cannot lease because of the DESC Supportive Housing project? Intersting…..

Comment by Pete — 10:06 am February 19, 2012 #

4. Woohoo! Welcome to the neighborhood!

Comment by WS Mom — 10:19 am February 19, 2012 #

5. Fantastic news! Our neighborhood needs something like this!

Comment by Noelle — 10:28 am February 19, 2012 #

6. Great news! They picked a perfect location.I hope they will also have micro beers and a t.v. for Sounders/Seahawks games. Welcome to the neighborhood.

Comment by David — 10:53 am February 19, 2012 #

7. Things that make you go hmmmmm…. I am wondering that same thing Pete. Yay for Delridge getting some more food options!!! :)

Comment by IheartDelridge — 11:17 am February 19, 2012 #

8. Yay!!! Great news for our hood! No need to say anything else on the subject other than I hope they’ll soon have a brewery in the back cooking up some Delridge moonshine brew ;-)))))

Comment by DelridgeV — 12:04 pm February 19, 2012 #

9. More food options within walking distance, fantastic!

Comment by Delridge Resident — 2:22 pm February 19, 2012 #

10. Great to hear. I think it will get a lot of local business.

Comment by Jake — 2:38 pm February 19, 2012 #

11. I am very happy about this! We do need more fun cost effective places in the area! Beer would be nice but if they have a good malt I will be more happy!

Comment by coffee — 3:17 pm February 19, 2012 #

12. Good news! I hope they will have a veggie option.
    And I believe that the Brandon Court space isn’t set up to support a commercial restaurant kitchen, so that is one reason this property may have been more attractive.

Comment by Delridge mom — 7:06 pm February 19, 2012 #

13. Delridge man……there used to be sandwich shop at Brandon Court. Also, this space was not previously a restaurant.

Comment by Pete — 7:55 pm February 19, 2012 #

14. @ Pete – Come again Kemo Sabe’? What you sayin’ here? –

Comment by Creekside — 8:19 pm February 19, 2012 #

15. Pete…. I think frying burgers would require a commercial vent hood, but a sandwich shop wouldn’t. Would need to vent through the roof, which would be a lot harder to add in a multi-story building.

Comment by Delridge mom — 8:31 pm February 19, 2012 #

16. Delridge mom is right on the money. That sandwich shop that used to be in the Brandon building only did these simple panini sandwichs as there was no commercial kitchen and no vent hood.
    $
    If this Pete dude is trying to say that if the old junk store building can rent out to a restaurant, then why is DNDA not able to rent out their space, well, unless he was in the room when the deal was signed with Charlie’s and their landlord then he ain’t got no idea what the cost per square is that Charlie’s is paying. I would bet my next paycheck that the landlords of the old junk store are taking a whole lot less then what DNDA would charge. That old junk store has been a money pit for a few years now and its owners probably got desperate and charged accordingly.

Comment by Creekside — 8:55 pm February 19, 2012 #

17. Awesome! Can’t wait for a nice cheesesteak and a malt!

Comment by Aaron — 9:16 am February 20, 2012 #

18. Three cheers for good food in the ‘hood!
    Everyone forgets about Delridge, so we salute you, Charlie, and your buns too!

We are here! We are here! We are here!

Comment by NorDel — 9:31 am February 20, 2012 #

19. I will destroy property and start a rampage if such place does not exist……I heart burgers n’ cheese steaks so dont toy with me wsb!!!! :):). Lol.

Comment by R-smoke — 7:50 pm February 20, 2012 #

20. I am a North Delridge resident and glad to see something positive finally happening with 5214 Delridge Way as that building has been a plague on the community far too long.
    Cheers to Charlie’s (Veronica) for investing in our neighborhood. We will support you.
    Re: Pete. I’ve seen his comments on other N. Delridge threads and it’s fairly clear he does not live in N. Del. proper. He’s a bit out of touch with what really goes on down here in the valley.

Comment by Open Arms for Charlie's! — 3:17 pm February 21, 2012 #

21. I interpreted Pete to mean that it is interesting that a business was willing to take a chance at this location when another location so close was having trouble, citing DESC, but it didn’t seem to deter this new tenant. not that I agree or know why the DNDA space isn’t renting.

Comment by del neighbor — 6:06 pm February 21, 2012 #

22. del neighbor, I do appreciate your generosity in clarifying on behalf of Pete.
    I definitely understood that Pete was taking a dismissive dig at neighbors in North Delridge who have concerns that the DESC project may discourage much needed basic amenities in the Brandon Node (DESC is building smack in the middle of the block that was slated for economic development).
    However, my comment stands. Out of touch. Up on a hill looking down at us. That’s his M.O.

Comment by Open Arms for Charlie's! — 8:10 pm February 21, 2012 #

23. Welcome, Charlie’s Buns ‘n Stuff!
    Have not sampled their cheesesteak – any reviews?

Comment by mookie — 9:21 pm February 21, 2012 #

24. Welcome! We’ll be comin!

Very happy to see some enthusiasm on Delridge!

Comment by Tom — 10:21 pm February 21, 2012 #

25. Lucky us…we get not only a burger place, but an AWESOME burger place! Welcome to the neighborhood. Wishing you GREAT success!

Comment by Mimi — 8:16 am February 25, 2012 #