Video: White Center pawn-shop robbery

January 26, 2012 at 4:28 pm | In Crime, West Seattle news, White Center | 13 Comments

On partner site White Center Now on Tuesday night, we reported on a “takeover”-style armed robbery at the Pawn Pros shop in WC. Today the King County Sheriff’s Office is distributing surveillance video recorded during the robbery, and asking that anyone with information about the robbers’ identities (or anything else related to the crime) please call them at (206) 296-3311.

1. Now that’s scary stuff right there.

Comment by Bouncer — 4:38 pm January 26, 2012 #

2. Where will they sell the stolen goods if they robbed the pawn shop?!?!

Comment by Casey — 5:57 pm January 26, 2012 #

3. Omg is that a small child being tossed to the ground in the first few seconds?

Comment by nichole — 6:36 pm January 26, 2012 #

4. There was a report that the robbers “shoved” a 9-year-old.

Comment by WSB — 6:37 pm January 26, 2012 #

5. Very scary!! I know white center is bad, but seems like west seattle as a whole has gotten so much worse! I moved away for two years, to Federal way. My husband and I just moved back and I have never looked over my shoulders so much while at a grocery store. Its pathetic. I lived here for 20 years, born and raised and the crime and extents that people go to these days is very frightening. That poor boy is probably going to have nightmares- I know I would be devastated! Praying these people get caught and locked away quick. Glad they didnt shoot anyone, but doesnt mean they wont next time! They shouldnt have a chance for their to be a next time. Put em away for good NOW!!

Comment by MB — 7:05 pm January 26, 2012 #

6. That poor kid!!!!How traumatic!!!!!!

Comment by cclarue — 7:14 pm January 26, 2012 #

7. Does anyone wonder if it’s the same guys the cop stopped in the police blotter? You know, the ones with black beanies over their heads???

Comment by Lolaleah — 8:24 pm January 26, 2012 #

8. Good thought!

Comment by MB — 12:44 am January 27, 2012 #

9. poor little kid, did they hit the father in the head and then shove the kid….bunch of scum

Comment by Brandon — 7:28 am January 27, 2012 #

10. There was a kid!!!

Comment by tk — 9:45 am January 28, 2012 #

11. Don’t take kids to pawn shops!!! They’re terribly seedy anyways!

Comment by tk — 9:51 am January 28, 2012 #

12. Its no excuse or justification at all, but man, i hate that place! Even when you are buying something, they treat you like scum. Everytime i have gone there and many of my friends, they practice horrible business ethics and treat you as if you are nothing. Considering they are the biggest and nicest shop out of the multiple other pawn shops in WC, they most DEF. are always trying to get over on you, which i suppose is the reason they can afford to have the nicest looking establishment.

nonetheless, how horrible to have done that deed in the first place, let alone throwing the kid to the ground!

Comment by DollarTreeNut — 12:18 pm January 30, 2012 #

13. Seeing that poor little boy being treated like that makes me sick and want to cry. Horrible.

Comment by David Cummings — 4:48 pm February 2, 2012 #