West Seattle holidays: Tonight’s featured lights; painting in progress

December 6, 2011 at 9:11 pm | In Holidays, West Seattle Christmas lights, West Seattle news | 6 Comments

Holiday scenes to share tonight:

First, our nightly featured Christmas lights – these are on 50th north of Hudson/south of Edmunds (map); we were out scouting last night and spotted them. We’ve added them to the ongoing list on the WSB West Seattle Holiday Events and Info page, where we’ll have a map soon with all the featured locations; let us know if you have a suggestion! Also tonight, seen in The Junction:

Tipster Joe says this scene on Puerto Vallarta‘s window is so fresh, the Sign Savant crew was still painting the one next to it:

(Last year, we showed you “Santa Extremoso” gracing the same windows.)

1. Okay, I don’t understand the picture that is painted on Puerto Vallarta‘s window. It looks to me like people are trying to beat up Santa…or am I just misinterpreting the art?

Comment by sun*e — 8:32 am December 7, 2011 #

2. Piñata and kids diving for the candy under the busted-in-half Santa piñata.

Comment by WSB — 8:38 am December 7, 2011 #

3. Yes misinterpretation

Comment by Lolo — 11:43 am December 7, 2011 #

4. LOL! Oh okay, now I get it but you have to admit I was kind of right – they beat up Santa as a piñata. ;-) Thanks for clarifying.

Comment by sun*e — 11:24 pm December 7, 2011 #

5. I still haven’t seen it in person, but when I first opened the mail and saw Joe’s photo last night, I thought it was about golfing … took me a minute to process the Santa-cut-in-half part …

Comment by WSB — 11:34 pm December 7, 2011 #

6. Why are we okay with this “art” to be plastered over all of West Seattle? What happened to garland, lights, holly and simple holiday decorations? The junction looks a little like a used car lot. I’m offended by the Santa pinata. It’s violent and disrespectful to Mexican culture.

Comment by Ginger — 11:11 am December 10, 2011 #