Update: Gatewood/Upper Fauntleroy booms apparently fireworks

7:51 PM: A few minutes ago, we heard two loud blasts that couldn’t have been far from WSB HQ in Upper Fauntleroy/south Gatewood. Mindful that these are usually fireworks, we didn’t call police, but someone did, as the scanner indicates two units are responding to check the area, after a call from someone in the California/Thistle area.

8:01 PM: Via Facebook, someone nearby says it was fireworks, adding that she saw the “sparkly” aftermath. No indication via the scanner that police have found anything, but we’ve got someone out looking around the area too.

7 Replies to "Update: Gatewood/Upper Fauntleroy booms apparently fireworks"

• A December 11, 2011 (7:53 pm)

Just heard those myself. I went right to the blog. I hope it was fireworks and not gunshots.

• waterworld December 11, 2011 (7:57 pm)

We are close to where the booms originated and I’m almost certain it was fireworks, although I wasn’t where I could see the display if that’s indeed what they were.

• WSB December 11, 2011 (8:04 pm)

I just added to the text above – a Facebook commenter who’s near here posted on the WSB page that she saw the “sparkly” aftermath of fireworks. I’m monitoring the scanner and co-publisher Patrick is out looking around the block just to check, though. – TR

• AH December 11, 2011 (8:41 pm)

I’m glad to find out they were fireworks. I almost thought they were gunshots too, waiting for the sirens to follow, but never came.

• JanS December 11, 2011 (8:56 pm)

full moon?

• GS December 12, 2011 (10:20 am)

I was walking the dog and heard/saw the fireworks. Scared the dog to death. This is not the first time fireworks have come from this area and not anywhere near the 4th of July. It is in the neighborhood north of Fauntleroy School and just a couple of blocks up from the ferry dock. Surely, the neighbors around would know who it is. Last time we drove around trying to find the house but no luck.

• amnesiak December 12, 2011 (1:41 pm)

I live near the top of Gatewood hill and hear fireworks every month or so. It’s really annoying to have a 4 year old sleeping and some idiot wakes them up. Just had to vent.

WP-Backgrounds by InoPlugs Web Design and Juwelier Schönmann