West Seattle Crime Watch: Pilfered package; 3 car break-ins

November 7, 2011 at 9:41 pm | In Crime, West Seattle news | 14 Comments

Four brief West Seattle Crime Watch reports to share tonight – a package taken from a porch, and three car break-ins, including one that might have had a witness, since it was in a busy parking lot:

From the victim, who didn’t want to be identified:

I just wanted to alert everybody that I’ve had a package stolen from my front porch that was delivered by UPS today. My neighbor saw the UPS guy deliver the package. When I got home, the package wasn’t there. This is in North Admiral in the 2100 block of 47th SW. Be on the lookout for people taking packages. It’s that time of year.

From Janet:

5:50 (Sunday) evening. Broke into our car. 47th Ave SW and SW Holly St.

From L:

At the S lot of Lincoln Park on Fri 11/3 at around 12:45, someone stole my purse and a work computer out of my older white wagon. Did you see anything? It was a busy time. I was only gone 15-20 minutes.

And from Richard:

Car broken into between 37th and 36th on Brandon sometime during the night of 11/5.

1. Have your UPS/FedEx delivered to you at your work address, if you can. It’s safer.

Comment by waytogomo — 10:51 pm November 7, 2011 #

2. Had a package stolen too on Halloween, in admiral on 38th between 4-5pm…

Comment by RS — 12:24 am November 8, 2011 #

3. A couple of weeks ago, my donation which was left out on the front porch for Northwest Center was taken.

Comment by Claire — 4:35 am November 8, 2011 #

4. Consider getting a mailbox at one of those mail service/supply stores to receive mail that is delivered by UPS. Very convenient.

Comment by East Coast Cynic — 7:19 am November 8, 2011 #

5. Leave a note on your door that states “UPS/FedEX/USPS: DO NOT LEAVE PACKAGES UNATTENDED. PLEASE LEAVE NOTE AND HOLD AT YOUR FACILITY FOR PICKUP”
    You’ll have to go out of your way to the respective delivery center to pickup your package, but at least it won’t be stolen.

Comment by Prevention — 8:25 am November 8, 2011 #

6. We had a few packages taken as well as a lost suitcase last year December. We had UPS hold our packages- this was in the Highland Park area.

Comment by AML — 10:21 am November 8, 2011 #

7. Prevention – just curious, will UPS/FedEX etc. follow your instruction and hold your package for pickup? I recall trying this once and they left it anyway.

Comment by Shopping soon — 11:46 am November 8, 2011 #

8. Caught a guy maybe eighteen or nineteen years old with a backpack and stocking cap going through my neighbors cars at ten this morning near findlay and 36th neigbor reported to police. He had reddish blond hair close to six feet tall and not very concerned with being caught or worried that people might see him

Comment by CC — 12:49 pm November 8, 2011 #

9. All you have to do for UPS is call 1-800-pick-ups and tell them you don’t want packages left without you being home. Or you can give them a specific location at your house to deliver them like on the back porch or some other safe place that’s not the front door.

Comment by Brian C — 7:37 pm November 8, 2011 #

10. My car was broken into on Sunday night also. On the corner of Holly & Fauntleroy. They got speakerbox & amp

Comment by Nate D — 11:02 am November 9, 2011 #

11. My wifes 1986 Toyota Camry was stolen early Tuesday morning from Belvidere area. Got a call from SPD @ 12:30 AM Wednesday morning, the car was found. at 26th AVV SW & Juneau. A little dirty but no visible damage.

Comment by RD — 10:20 pm November 9, 2011 #

12. The night of 11/5 someone entered my unlocked truck (stupid of me, very tired) and helped themselves to my prescription dark glass (?) and my wired hands-free ear buds. If you are the individual who took the ear buds, DO NOT USE them. I have a chronic ear infection/fungus from Vietnam and I wouldn’t wish the itching and scaling on anyone, not even you.

Comment by Carl — 8:39 am November 11, 2011 #

13. I hate this people that just come to your house and take sothing that people work hard to get if there is he’ll (infierno) I hope when they get there they burn in fire se lo meresen I love living in west Seattle but afther I was victim I want to move

Comment by Ana — 3:09 pm November 14, 2011 #

14. Maybe leave package with neighbor. Much safer.

Comment by Dan — 3:30 pm November 28, 2011 #