Car flips in Gatewood, nobody hurt

Police are investigating the crash that left this car upside-down on SW Kenyon just west of 35th SW – right next to Swedish Automotive (WSB sponsor). Nobody hurt, they told us at the scene – the driver got herself out of the car quickly, and firefighters called as a precaution had already left by the time we got there minutes after the 911 call. A car on the other side of the street had front-end damage, and police said it appeared the flipped car had nicked that one. Traffic on 35th wasn’t affected, but SW Kenyon was blocked on the west side of 35th till the car could be taken away.

14 Replies to "Car flips in Gatewood, nobody hurt"

• comment-avatar
    Ash November 28, 2011 (11:52 pm)

That’s one hell of a “nick”

• comment-avatar
    Phil November 29, 2011 (12:27 am)

The new West Seattle window-sticker should be the silhouette of an overturned SUV.

• comment-avatar
    wsjeep November 29, 2011 (1:01 am)

How do these people flip a car, I see this a lot in West Seattle. People slow down.

• comment-avatar
    todd_ November 29, 2011 (8:17 am)

Amen Phil.

• comment-avatar
    Marie November 29, 2011 (8:50 am)

WTH?? She must have been going really fast.

• comment-avatar
    WestSeattleDrew November 29, 2011 (10:09 am)

Seriously. What percentage of West Seattle car accidents are roll overs??

• comment-avatar
    Autumn November 29, 2011 (11:16 am)

AMEN. EVERYWHERE. People. Slow the f*** down!!!

• comment-avatar
    Brent November 29, 2011 (11:42 am)

Most people in West Seattle drive pretty slow. Speed in itself doesn’t cause things like this to happen. It takes not paying attention, and not knowing what you are doing. Paying attention to the road and the surroundings is a better safety measure than slowing down.

• comment-avatar
    xena November 29, 2011 (12:42 pm)

The intersection at Holden and 35th is one block north of Kenyon and may have had an impact on the speed of the driver. I live near here and see people gunning their cars to get through this intersection because it has double lights. Frequently they make it through the first yellow only to run the second light which has turned red. After that they just keep speeding south on 35th. This is a dangerous intersection and I am surprised that it hasn’t caused more problems.

• comment-avatar
    Captain Obvious November 29, 2011 (1:27 pm)

It should be more difficult for people to get licensed to operate motor vehicles.

• comment-avatar
    furor scribendi November 29, 2011 (2:12 pm)

Amen, y’all who advocate slower safer driving. A drivers license is a privilege, not a right.

• comment-avatar
    alki bum November 29, 2011 (4:04 pm)

So this is how I see it. I see a nice dent on the front side there. So I am THINKING. WAS SOMEONE TXTING MAYBE?

• comment-avatar
    Mort November 29, 2011 (4:08 pm)

My understanding is that a reverse energy vortex in WS causes these roll overs.

• comment-avatar
    Eileen December 1, 2011 (3:15 pm)

that “nick” the police reported is costing over $7000.00 to fix. The police encouraged me not to get her name as it will be on the police report. 3 days later and no report filed. if anyone knows the woman who drove that Mazda- tell her I expect she make good on her one and only comment that “I’ll be taken care of” maybe you can get me your name and information for my insurance so I can get my car repaired

WP-Backgrounds by InoPlugs Web Design and Juwelier Schönmann