West Seattle Crime Watch: Coffee shop warns of thief

October 28, 2011 at 2:33 pm | In Crime, Sunrise Heights, West Seattle news | 10 Comments

From Cafe Osita owner Andrea Ramirez:

My business was just robbed and I’m hoping to advise other businesses (especially along 35th) to keep an eye out.

I own Cafe Osita in the Sunrise Heights area of WSea (7349 35th Ave SW). White male, approx 18 – 25 yrs old, dirty blonde hair cut short (part on right side) wearing baggy jeans and oversized sweatshirt with graffiti graphics. Also has a black eye on right side and carrying a backpack. Came into shop asking for change, then hot water and then ice water. He managed to take a full tip jar off the counter while my back was turned. The police have been notified.

1. What a scum bag

Comment by clark5080 — 3:08 pm October 28, 2011 #

2. I noticed a guy like that walking north on 35th along the Providence sidewalk at about 3:00, but it’s hard to be sure because he had his hood up. Sorry this happened to you.

Comment by KJ — 3:27 pm October 28, 2011 #

3. Andrea,go next door to the laundry mat and ask the guy who works there if he may be the same guy that caused a fight in the laundry mat a few months ago.He’d have his name if it’s the same kid.He sounds like it may be.

Comment by Alki Resident — 3:34 pm October 28, 2011 #

4. Was he thin? Tall? I work right down the hill…. I will keep my out for him.

Comment by Tina — 3:38 pm October 28, 2011 #

5. Oh Andrea, that sucks! What a scumbag indeed!

Comment by Cheryl — 5:30 pm October 28, 2011 #

6. I’m sorry to hear this, Andrea. If anything like this happens again, don’t hesitate to call me – you have the number. We’ve got your back down the block at West Seattle Autoworks!. I hate thieves.

Comment by Todd — 5:46 pm October 28, 2011 #

7. That sucks. I hate thieves. I’m sorry this happened to you. I hope they catch the scumbag soon.

Comment by born, raised, & still in ws — 6:34 pm October 28, 2011 #

8. Yikes. That sucks Andrea. Extra tips for you tomorrow!

Comment by Lou — 8:55 pm October 28, 2011 #

9. Really? My house was broken into… nothing stolen and everything I owned desroyed. Neighbors said they only heard music, not the breaking glass or destruction of property. Music is still playing loud in my neighborhood. It is hard to get over it when the thing that covered up the crime is constantly in your face. Yes I feel a little bit bitter. But I stand strong against crime. I wish I only lost a few bucks and not my yearbooks and family heirlooms…Good luck to the shop owner…

Comment by ks — 3:10 pm October 29, 2011 #

10. Thanks all. I greatly appreciate the support here and in the shop today. I am thankful no one was hurt and nothing was broken/destroyed. I will be in touch with the laundromat owner on Monday – thanks for the tip!

And special thanks to WSB for it’s prompt posting.

Cheers!