West Seattle Crime Watch: Stolen cars to watch for

September 23, 2011 at 2:17 am | In Crime, West Seattle news | 10 Comments

Courtney sent that photo of her car, which she says was stolen from outside West Seattle Bowl (39th/Oregon) between 6:15 pm and 10 pm Thursday night: “I have already reported it to the police but hope to get the word out here too. It is a 2-door, tan, 1996 Honda Accord EX, license plate 943-VZJ.” If you’ve seen it, call 911.

ADDED 9:02 AM: Another stolen-car report just in:

Our car was stolen sometime during the night. We live on the 3200 of 41st Ave SW. It is a blue/green sparkly 1995 Acura Integra LS, 2 door hatchback. License plate # 192SFK. Please call 911.”

1. Unfortunately, your car is probably already on it’s way to an Oregon chop shop. Sorry about your loss during these increasingly hard times.

Comment by My2Cents — 9:22 am September 23, 2011 #

2. One of my neighbors had her car stolen the other night on 42nd Ave between Morgan and Holly. Not good…

Comment by Emma Peel — 9:54 am September 23, 2011 #

3. I’ve said this before, but its worth repeating… There is a ring that is hitting West Seattle. They look for Honda’s that they can tow and take it to Auburn/Kent to chop it up, in most cases. This happened to me in May. The pieces were taken to a wrecking yard in a pick up truck when it was found, with one VIN number piece left. So, if at all possible, park your honda’s in a way that they can’t be towed.

I feel your pain and am sorry for this happening to you too!

Comment by kp — 9:59 am September 23, 2011 #

4. Our car was stolen off 44th sw two days ago. The police found it over by 29th and cloverdale still running. A lot of damage to the inside.

Comment by Rob — 11:29 am September 23, 2011 #

5. Sounds like they were prowling the same neighborhood.

Comment by george — 11:33 am September 23, 2011 #

6. Bastards. Our 96 integra was stolen from our driveway and chopped 6 years ago. It was awful. I hope this is not what happened to these cars and that they are found unharmed.

Comment by kayo — 12:54 pm September 23, 2011 #

7. We are so sorry this bad thing happened once again in our area!
    Two years ago (middle of the night right outside our home) thieves used a cordless chop saw to steal the Catalytic Converter off of our Toyota 4-Runner. Police said it takes about 5 minutes for them to do this. Replacement was $1,000+ Several others had been reported in the same neighborhood/time frame.
    Seems like they hit a concentrated area in a short time frame.
    Be aware! Be SAFE!!!

Comment by Jules — 1:34 pm September 23, 2011 #

8. Our ignition system and steering column was destroyed. The thugs drove off half a tank of gas, so they were driving around for a while.

Comment by Rob — 1:49 pm September 23, 2011 #

9. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDrzMGdYWZc problem solved, and it’s real! BMW option, no joke.

Comment by Mike — 10:04 pm September 23, 2011 #

10. This is my car and I am happy to report it is home safe! unfortunately my 500 dollar stereo and ipod were stolen along with a couple small items…from the trip mileage, they had to drive no more than 20 miles. other than the mess from rifiling through the items, it is all ok. I am definitely getting it detailed! but i hope this gives hope to others that theirs will be recovered as well! thanks WS blog for posting this!

Comment by Courtney — 10:00 am September 24, 2011 #

All contents copyright 2005-2015, A Drink of Water and a Story Interactive. Here's how to contact us.