Update: Police search after robbery at Baskin-Robbins

August 15, 2011 at 10:27 pm | In Crime, West Seattle news | 17 Comments

10:27 PM: Police are at the Baskin-Robbins ice-cream shop on Admiral Way, where an armed robbery was reported. Nobody hurt. No description(s) so far. We have a crew there; more as we get it.

11:30 PM: Officers have been talking with employees and checking for prints; they told us they’re still “sorting out” what happened. WSB contributor Katie Meyer says the original scanner call mentioned three suspects.

TUESDAY MORNING UPDATE: We have just spoken with SPD and will put details in a separate update – bottom line, no one arrested so far.

1. LOWEST OF THE LOW! I hope the people who work there are ok they are nice people. And I hope they get pictures of these fools. Sick.

Comment by kidsgothere — 10:39 pm August 15, 2011 #

2. Crazy, I can’t imagine there was much money to steal. So makes me wonder what else is going on.

Comment by SSS — 11:00 pm August 15, 2011 #

3. Coming up Admiral way I saw two cop cars short cut up to 36th, then another four race up admiral way.
    Another was spot lighting thru Hiwatha Park. Gotta hand it to SPD for a blazing response. I hope they get their robber.

Comment by lou — 11:02 pm August 15, 2011 #

4. maybe the pellet gun posse?

Comment by Paul — 11:27 pm August 15, 2011 #

5. sounds like there was only one employee working: if they hire teens isn’t that illegal to have them working all by themselves?

Comment by westseattlite — 11:38 pm August 15, 2011 #

6. I hope the kids that work there are ok. How scary and awful!!!

Comment by Admiral Lady — 12:06 am August 16, 2011 #

7. Just saw police spot lighting by the Holy Rosary church. I’m assuming it’s related. :/ Hope they find ‘em.

Comment by Camille — 12:17 am August 16, 2011 #

8. awww thanks you guys. By the way, I work there and to be honest I got really scared when I heard about this. :(

Comment by Mark — 12:51 am August 16, 2011 #

9. Thanks for you’re concern people, it means alot. We’re all okay and nobody got hurt.

Comment by Hoa — 12:59 am August 16, 2011 #

10. Any connection to the Hamilton View Point Park’s stabbing incident? Not that far away geographically and it is another nice summer night . . . have to wonder.

Comment by Noelle — 1:20 am August 16, 2011 #

11. This is terrible news. Hope they catch the jerks and they do a lot of time for terrorizing the nice people at Baskin & Robbins.

Comment by TDe — 6:00 am August 16, 2011 #

12. If they do catch these robbers they’ll likely get a slap on the hand, and 34 days in jail just like the guy who held up the computer store in the junction.

Comment by ColesMom — 7:52 am August 16, 2011 #

13. What! Who robs an Ice Cream Shop? I am glad no one got hurt.

Comment by Lola — 10:10 am August 16, 2011 #

14. All the best to the staff at B & R. – and I hope the police get the criminals quickly. We don’t need them free and terrorizing our neighborhood.

-Moose

Comment by Moose2 — 10:24 am August 16, 2011 #

15. For anyone who hasn’t found it yet – at noon we published details of the robbery, from SPD, in the separate update we mentioned this morning would be forthcoming. Direct link: http://westseattleblog.com/?p=83129
    TR

Comment by WSB — 1:19 pm August 16, 2011 #

16. Thank you for your concern everybody, I am definately okay, just a little shaken up. And obviously the robbers needed to go through great lengths to get some money. All we can do now is pray that they get caught.

Comment by Jessica — 3:25 pm August 16, 2011 #

17. Don’t mess with my Baskin Robbins. That’s my favorite ice cream damn you.

Comment by Jiggers — 11:25 am August 17, 2011 #