Remembering former Holy Rosary pastor Father James Mallahan

August 2, 2011 at 5:04 am | In Obituaries, West Seattle news, West Seattle religion | 6 Comments

Father James Mallahan, well-regarded as Holy Rosary‘s pastor from 1981 to 1987, will be remembered at the church with a Vigil Mass tonight at 7 and Funeral Mass on Wednesday at 11 am. He died last Friday at age 83. Holy Rosary School has long had an endowment fund in his name. Fr. Mallahan’s obituary is here; an online guestbook is here. (Thanks to Michael for sharing the news.)

1. He was the most incrediable Priest and man I have ever met. I couldn’t wait to get to mass every weekend to hear his joyful and humerous Homely. He welcomed everyone with open arms to the table and the Parish, I have missed him terribly over the years, and now he is in god’s hands and I know he will still be watching over us from above. Rest in Peace you dear dear man.

Comment by Silly Goose — 9:01 am August 2, 2011 #

2. Rest in Peace, Father Mallahan, I will forever be thankful for the positive influence you’ve made on my entire family.

Comment by proudpugetridger — 9:31 am August 2, 2011 #

3. Best homilies ever!!! What a bundle of love!

Comment by amom — 9:50 am August 2, 2011 #

4. We have missed Father Mallahan these past few years – especially his homilies and closing prayers! He was the nicest and most endearing priest I have ever met. It was an honor to have him baptize our son. RIP Father.

Comment by catlady — 10:47 am August 2, 2011 #

5. Even though we all have to go sometime. Father Mallahan’s passing has given me great sorrow. He is a true Saint and over the many years I have known him he has been a great sprititual guide to me and my family. His homilies always hit hard and taught me new ways to see God and live a better life.
    He baptized my children and they grew up in his presence. Well now he is in heaven I am sure.

Go with peace Father.

Comment by Michael Prezbindowski — 1:03 pm August 2, 2011 #

6. What a wonderful Man and Priest. He was genuinely caring and wise. He truly challenged us in important ways during our pre marriage group, giving us insights and skills which are still important as we approach our 24th anniversary. I am proud that he performed our ceremony and baptized our Son. I picture most his outstretched arms and welcoming smile. God speed.

Comment by john and Carol Marken — 4:09 pm August 2, 2011 #