Verdict in South Park murder/rapes case: Guilty

July 1, 2011 at 3:26 pm | In Crime, South Park, West Seattle news | 14 Comments

From our partners at the Seattle Times: Isaiah Kalebu has been found guilty in the 2009 South Park murder/rapes case. The woman he killed, Teresa Butz (right), had heroically taken action that saved her partner’s life, before losing her own. His sentencing in August is a formality, as the aggravated-murder conviction automatically means life in prison with no chance of parole, since the death penalty was not sought because of his mental-illness history. Details in the Times report here.

1. Good. AMF, dirtbag.

Comment by thee — 4:00 pm July 1, 2011 #

2. many blessings to the survivor.

Comment by sassy — 4:13 pm July 1, 2011 #

3. Cool, let’s hope someone in jail ices the chump

Comment by Droog — 4:16 pm July 1, 2011 #

4. It’s sad that mental illness prevents the death penalty. Mental illness of this sort should require the death penalty.

Comment by austin — 6:55 pm July 1, 2011 #

5. Glad to see that in some cases our justice system still works.

Comment by JN — 8:01 pm July 1, 2011 #

6. I know he got all our justice system could give, and yet it just isn’t enough. There is no justice for this. He got a fair trial – Teresa Butz did not. I hope her surviving partner can find a way to move forward.

Comment by Jules — 8:27 pm July 1, 2011 #

7. SO GLAD to read this! I remember that week being on pins and needles, closing the windows in a heatwave because we knew there was a vicious rapist/killer at large. A very scary time. I am so sad for both victims and grateful justice is being served in regard to his actions.

Comment by m — 10:11 pm July 1, 2011 #

8. Hallelujah. Still, so sorry for the loss of her life.

Comment by AJP — 10:39 pm July 1, 2011 #

9. This horrible crime has forever changed the way my partner & I live in our home. The horror that these women were subjected to is beyond comprehension. My heart aches for them.

Comment by JW — 8:58 am July 2, 2011 #

10. He should be dead. A rabid dog may not be responsible for his actions, but Old Yeller still gets shot.

Comment by Jeff — 11:07 am July 2, 2011 #

11. The defendant made a mockery of the courts and our justice system. He murdered and raped and, because of that, he was entitled to all the many protections our courts and our justice system provide. This entitled him to a fair trial, but he wasted a great deal of everyone’s time, causing outbursts, delays, even at one point insisting on being brought into court wearing an American flag! This Independence day, let’s all be grateful that we live in a country where we care so much about protecting the rights of the accused that we indulge self-absorbed sociopaths like this defendant. Too bad the death penalty’s not on the able with this defendant. He raped and murdered the daughters of people who love their children as much as any of our parents love us. No sentence is too harsh for him.

Comment by More WS Family — 4:02 pm July 2, 2011 #

12. I volenteer to throw the switch on him!
    I love that i have to pay taxes that will let him live in comfort the rest of his days.
    He doesnt deserve the rest of his days!

Comment by Caker — 5:57 pm July 2, 2011 #

13. This is the most horribly evil crime I can ever recall. I think about what those poor women went through every time I am tempted to leave a window open at night. It’s tough to imagine someone committing a crime like that with no motivation other than to torture. I said a prayer last night that the surviving partner can find some peace in her life.

Comment by WSFoodie — 7:25 pm July 2, 2011 #

14. First, all the possible blessings and hopes for her partner. Prayers for her healing. The details of the crime were sickening…where does this evil come from?

Comment by kootchman — 4:55 am July 3, 2011 #