(Photo courtesy Erik Walum)
A business fire in South Park this afternoon sent one person to the hospital with burns (not believed to be life-threatening). We checked it out after notes from several people who either saw the smoke – visible from east West Seattle – or heard the sirens (responding crews included some from West Seattle stations). The business address, in the 7900 block of 2nd South (map) – between Highways 509 and 99 – is listed as a recycling firm. The fire was mostly out when we got there – a pile of charred debris was visible outside the building:
Investigators had just arrived; fire crews told us they were still sorting out the circumstances, including how it started, and how the victim was burned – they say he had been in a motorhome on the business’s property.
ADDED MONDAY: The fire was declared accidental – SFD Lt. Sue Stangl says it actually started in the engine compartment of that RV, spreading to the adjacent warehouse area, and that the victim was not seriously hurt – burned fingertips.
Sorry, comment time is over.
All contents copyright 2014, A Drink of Water and a Story Interactive. Here's how to contact us.
Header image by Nick Adams. ABSOLUTELY NO WSB PHOTO REUSE WITHOUT SITE OWNERS' PERMISSION.
Entries and comments feeds. ^Top^