West Seattle wedding announcement: Congrats, Samir and Breanna!

May 22, 2011 at 12:30 pm | In Wedding announcements, West Seattle news | 12 Comments

We’ve published obituaries since requests started coming in – but this is the first time we recall being asked about a WEDDING announcement; we’d be happy to publish those too! Congratulations to Samir Baillie and Breanna Duvall, celebrating their first full day as husband and wife. He says you might know him as the “espresso-scooter guy” – which explains why the couple also is congratulated on an A-board we just saw outside Red Cup Espresso in The Junction. They got married yesterday at Hamilton Viewpoint Park in Admiral, and had their reception at Youngstown Cultural Arts Center; Samir says they are both West Seattleites, so: “Our idea was to have all of the money spent on the wedding to be put back into the West Seattle community.” (Their officiant was local too, Samir says – Michael Supino, owner of Red Star Pizza.) Wishing you many happy decades together!

1. Yay! How crazy to open WSB and be greeted with this announcement. Congratulations again to S and B; the wedding was beautiful, fun, and unique, just like they are.
    And if you see this, Josh just said, “That’s why the officiant looked familiar!” ;-)

Comment by SarahScoot — 12:36 pm May 22, 2011 #

2. LOVE it! Congratulations to the happy couple; may you enjoy many wonderful years together!
    On another note – and I don’t mean to go all maudlin on you or anything – but every time I start to consider that I might need to move to another Seattle neighborhood, WSBlog reminds me of the great community we have here, and it’s thanks in large part to you, Tracy & Patrick! Thanks for all you do!

Comment by Valerie — 12:37 pm May 22, 2011 #

3. I totally agree. Congratulations to the happy couple!
    AND thank you WS Blog for all you do for the community.

Comment by out for a walk — 12:54 pm May 22, 2011 #

4. Congrats!

Comment by Kelly — 4:20 pm May 22, 2011 #

5. Congratulations!

Comment by Bonnie — 5:56 pm May 22, 2011 #

6. Positive and happy news is always welcome! Way to keep it local, too. Congrats and best wishes to the bride and groom!

Comment by gayle — 6:47 pm May 22, 2011 #

7. A wonderful, wonderful addition to the WSB. Congrats to the couple and great work TR! Truly puts community in 24/7 community news and information source now.

Comment by Bob Loblaw — 8:46 pm May 22, 2011 #

8. Well, I didn’t do anything – just granted a request. Which is how the site has evolved over the years. Like obituaries, wedding announcements may come in only now and then – we’re not going to actively beg for them, but if word gets around, awesome – TR

Comment by WSB — 9:18 pm May 22, 2011 #

9. Not from Seattle, but I’ve known & loved Samir for over 20 years… congrats, guys. Blessings.

Comment by Joel Burdeaux — 3:28 am May 23, 2011 #

10. Congrats Samir, I didn’t even notice it on the board outside either. Hope you have a fantastic life together.

Comment by Joe — 10:34 am May 23, 2011 #

11. I don’t know them, but that is a beautiful photograph. My best to them both. And this is probably as good a time as any to say how much I just love this blog. It makes me feel connected to this place I already love so much. Thank you.

Comment by ikahana — 2:09 pm May 23, 2011 #

12. Congratulations to my little sister and brother-in-law! Love you guys :)

Comment by Nichole — 6:09 pm May 23, 2011 #

All contents copyright 2005-2015, A Drink of Water and a Story Interactive. Here's how to contact us.