West Seattle Crime Watch: Car casing house?

May 13, 2011 at 11:38 pm | In Arbor Heights, Crime, West Seattle news | 8 Comments

Andy wonders if anyone else has seen the car that appeared to be casing his house in Arbor Heights – read on:

Today and yesterday, my neighbors noticed a late model Blue/Gray Acura car driving slowly past my house. Yesterday the driver drove past and then turned around at the end of the block and drove back by slowly staring at my house as he drove by. Today the same car drove slowly by mid-afternoon this time with a passenger. They were both staring intently at my house. My neighbor stared them down and when they noticed my neighbor staring they drove off quickly. The driver was a young Hispanic male wearing a red baseball cap. I live on 42nd Ave SW between 98th and 100th st.

Can you please post on the blog to let else has seen a late model Blue/Gray Acura car driving slowly through their neighborhood? My neighbors and I are all watching for them to come by again. Next time we’ll get a license plate.

1. We live about 3 blocks away from you and have had some car prowls happening on our street. We hope that you and your neighbors can get some more details to provide to the police. Good luck- I hope all stays safe and well with you.

Comment by anony1 — 12:21 am May 14, 2011 #

2. Are there houses for sale on your street? Perhaps they are house shopping?

Comment by Ricky Bobby — 7:37 am May 14, 2011 #

3. house shopping, or maybe a couple of architects… sometimes I get driven to check out a house that has interesting details, materials, colors, stairs, etc, things that ‘we should do’ which results in a couple slow drive bys. “I saw this great house yesterday, you have to see it -lets go!”

Comment by sam-c — 8:01 am May 14, 2011 #

4. I live a block away and there is a house for sale on that street. Hopefully this is the attraction.

Comment by Annie — 9:16 am May 14, 2011 #

5. Maybe they were just reading some prose, and trying to make rhymes with the number of the house, or the color, or the roof shingle type, or maybe trying to end a phrase that would work with unlocked window… get real people, would you?

Comment by chalie horse — 6:32 am May 15, 2011 #

6. thanks Andy- don’t forget to let us know about the plate #’s.

Comment by Resident3 — 2:54 pm May 16, 2011 #

7. There is a house for sale on my street, However they were driving slowly past my house not the “for sale” house.

We’ve been looking but we haven’t seen them since. Still waiting to get that license plate.

Comment by Andy — 12:47 pm May 18, 2011 #