Update: Man stabbed in Arbor Heights, taken to hospital

May 21, 2011 at 1:59 am | In Arbor Heights, Crime, West Seattle news, WS breaking news | 10 Comments

ORIGINAL 1:59 AM REPORT: Police and medics are at the scene of a stabbing in the vicinity of 37th and 99th (map). According to scanner traffic, the victim is a 25-year-old stabbed in the abdomen and face with a “kitchen knife.” He’s being rushed to Harborview Medical Center.

2:17 AM UPDATE: At the scene, police tell us they are questioning a suspect. Adding a photo. No information on the circumstances yet, but we’ll be checking back.

1:08 PM UPDATE: Details on the circumstances, just obtained from Lt. Ron Smith of the Southwest Precinct: He says the incident started with an “ex-boyfriend forcing his way into the residence.” That man, he says, attacked his ex-girlfriend and another woman – until “another male in the residence … stabbed the (domestic-violence) suspect in an effort to stop the assault.”

1. Would really appreciate some more info on this. Too close for comfort.

Comment by RickM — 8:49 am May 21, 2011 #

2. I think usually murders like this are done by somebody who knows the victim. But I totally agree, I would like more info on this as soon as possible!

Comment by Justin — 10:41 am May 21, 2011 #

3. Justin – Do you have information that the victim died? The radio communications between medic unit and hospital at the time did not indicate life-threatening wounds (no CPR, vital signs pretty good), though they did need to get blood for transfusing, and this incident hasn’t appeared yet on SPD Blotter, which I would expect if it had turned fatal. I am pursuing followup from police in other ways but sometimes that’s difficult on a weekend, so bear with us while we continue seeking official info, which we will publish once it’s available – TR

Comment by WSB — 11:24 am May 21, 2011 #

4. A few too many weird goings-on in Arbor Heights lately.

Comment by anonyme — 11:41 am May 21, 2011 #

5. I sure didn’t hear anything only one block away

Comment by clark5080 — 12:51 pm May 21, 2011 #

6. I just got more info from police – adding to the story – TR

Comment by WSB — 1:03 pm May 21, 2011 #

7. How the heck did I sleep through all of this? Did get up at 3:30 for water, and as is my insomniac habit, checked around through several of our windows just to be sure all was quiet in the neighborhood. It was, at that point!

Comment by MMB — 3:14 pm May 21, 2011 #

8. I wonder if this could be related to the possible break in that happened on Monday on 37th and 102nd?

Comment by arbor heights res. — 10:29 pm May 21, 2011 #

9. Note to self: don’t force my way into someone else’s house and begin assaulting the occupants unless I am prepared to be shanked.

Comment by MB — 11:46 pm May 21, 2011 #

10. We were wondering what the police activity was about, and are concerned about serious crime coming to our neighborhood. Sounds like domestic violence, in any case-everyone deserves to be safe in their homes.

Hope things stay quiet and safe here.

Thanks for the information!

Comment by SSW — 1:44 pm May 22, 2011 #