West Seattle wildlife: See who’s in The Kenney’s hummingbird nest

April 7, 2011 at 8:49 pm | In The Kenney, West Seattle news, Wildlife | 6 Comments

Three weeks ago, Katie Krause at The Kenney shared a photo of a nesting hummingbird on their grounds near Lincoln Park. Tonight, two more photos – with a hint of the results.

1. I am so jealous. I wish this was my deck. I can get them to hang all day eating, but i can’t get them to nest. I love these pictures!

Comment by Wendy Hughes-Jelen — 1:17 am April 8, 2011 #

2. What wonderful photos. Thank you for the exciting update! It will be fun to “watch” them growing up.

Comment by Eilene — 7:26 am April 8, 2011 #

3. That is SO beautiful.

Comment by ellenater — 7:53 am April 8, 2011 #

4. Amazing, I just love it!

Comment by RG — 9:09 pm April 8, 2011 #

5. Was walking westbound along Barton yesterday, and was a bit past Westwood, saw something out of the corner of my eye, that at first,thought it was a huge bee.

After a second, I realized was a hummingbird! Hadn’t seen one up that close in years, and just stood there for a moment watching him buzz from rock to rock.

A couple of ladies walked past, and probably wondered what I was standing there staring at. :lol: (I hadn’t heard them approach, so didn’t realize they were there until they passed, and was caught a bit by surprise, otherwise I would have pointed him out to them!)

Mike

Comment by miws — 11:37 am April 9, 2011 #

6. I love the nature photography we get to see in the WSB.

Comment by MMB — 8:53 pm April 12, 2011 #