West Seattle weekend scenes: 6 more views of windblown waves

February 20, 2011 at 1:15 am | In Seen at sea, West Seattle news | 6 Comments

One more round of views of the incredible sun, wind and waves from Saturday – First, from David Rosen of SlickPix Photography, up, up, and away over the surf! A shoreside view of something similar, from Kenna of Kenna Klosterman Photography:

Next, Craig Young caught sea-sprayed kids on the Alki boardwalk …

… and Cheryl from Cnellis Photography found people running from/through the megawaves:

And the waves left behind quite the cleanup job, as David Hutchinson documented:

Hope nobody spent much time cleaning it all up Saturday afternoon/evening, since 6 am today brings an even-higher tide than yesterday … 12.9 feet. (Minus the north wind, though.)

ADDED: Fritz Rud‘s photo of the waves at sunset along Alki – hadn’t quite calmed down yet!

1. Fantastic pictures: I love to look at the photo posts on WSB!

Comment by MMB — 8:36 am February 20, 2011 #

2. Beautiful photos. I only hope that the kids playing in the waves are aware of how powerful and unpredictable they can be. We lost a good friend to a freak wave in Italy. She was a great swimmer but the sea got the best of her. We all think that it can’t happen to us but in the blink of an eye, it can. This tragedy has been devastating to family and friends and I couldn’t live with myself if I didn’t take a moment to remind people what can happen in a split second. I’m sharing this reminder with my West Seattle neighbors in honor of Sharrie Duncan in the hopes that awareness of the inherent risks associated with playing around in the big waves may prevent a similar tragedy. http://www.dailyinterlake.com/news/local_montana/article_4e25230e-62f4-11df-bc47-001cc4c03286.html

Comment by For Sharrie — 9:32 am February 20, 2011 #

3. I was there. The wind was really cold and I felt the water even from standing close to the road at Alki beach.

Comment by MSL — 10:09 am February 20, 2011 #

4. Great photos, thanks for sharing!

Comment by Robin — 10:23 am February 20, 2011 #

5. Thank you for sharing these! I especially loved the one of the windsurfing by Kenna Klosterman! So cool! What a great shot!

Comment by April — 10:43 am February 20, 2011 #

6. I love these photos. Beautiful / destructive.

Comment by Robert — 10:43 pm February 21, 2011 #