West Seattle food news: Another taco truck in town

First El Rey del Taco (north of Home Depot for 2 1/2 years now), then Taqueria Contreras (by Super 24 for 2 months now), now, meet Beloved Mexico, the latest taco truck to park itself in West Seattle. As you might guess from the surroundings in the photo, it’s in the West Seattle Produce lot along Fauntleroy Way south of SW Alaska. Though it’s painted with a Web address, we checked and the site’s not up yet; Janine – who sent us a tip about the truck, as did Kathleen (thanks!) – says the truck operators told her they’ll be there daily from “about 10:30 am to 8 pm.”

30 Replies to "West Seattle food news: Another taco truck in town"

• comment-avatar
    SGK November 1, 2010 (10:52 am)

This is very good news.

• comment-avatar
    Tom F November 1, 2010 (11:20 am)

El Rey Del Taco es todavia el rey.

• comment-avatar
    squareeyes November 1, 2010 (11:24 am)

Oh my…I can see this turning into a weekly dinner stop.

• comment-avatar
    Jeff November 1, 2010 (11:52 am)

Yay!

• comment-avatar
    Pb November 1, 2010 (11:54 am)

This is great news. Let’s see some comments from someone who has already tried Beloved Mexico’s food!

The more the merrier!

• comment-avatar
    ellenater November 1, 2010 (12:23 pm)

OMG this is in spitting distance! WOOT. Will partake and report back as soon as I’m over this nasty cold.

• comment-avatar
    Viola November 1, 2010 (12:41 pm)

Anyone tried it yet? Do tell… is it worth the stop?

• comment-avatar
    umm November 1, 2010 (12:58 pm)

Oooh yeah. Super pregnant and craving Mexican all the time, PLUS it’s within walking distance! I could not have asked for anything more!

• comment-avatar
    Mark November 1, 2010 (1:06 pm)

I just had the salmon taco. Terrific!

• comment-avatar
    dawsonct November 1, 2010 (1:25 pm)

IT IS ABOUT STINKING TIME!!! WOOOO-EFFING-HOOOOOO!!!

Hope they are good, wish they would stay open late.

• comment-avatar
    kk November 1, 2010 (1:44 pm)

I may be spoiled by the white center taco truck(la fondita)but lunch at this truck was overpriced ($12.05 to $7.92)for the same order,and no where near as good. Of the 5 trucks in this general area, I would return to this one last. Sorry :(

• comment-avatar
    Jeff November 1, 2010 (1:45 pm)

Now if we could just pursuade some of the other food trucks to spend more time in West Seattle.

• comment-avatar
    Irukandji November 1, 2010 (1:50 pm)

Why don’t taco trucks prowl through our neighborhoods playing Mariachi music and we can all run out to greet them and gather our tacos? If there’s a heaven, it will include roving taco trucks.

• comment-avatar
    CB November 1, 2010 (2:46 pm)

Good food, but a bit expensive. Nice guys running it. I’d suggest a better deal for tacos… say 3 for $5.

• comment-avatar
    WTF November 1, 2010 (3:41 pm)

Some of the BEST food in town!

• comment-avatar
    Blinkyjoe November 1, 2010 (5:26 pm)

I just had the 3 Enchilads (Spicy marinated pork filled) and the Torta (Asada filled). Very, very good. Great mix of flavors, the Mole on the enchilada dish was very unique, and they were NOT stingy with the meat in either case! They only take cash for now, though. El Rey is a bit more tipico of a true Camion de Cucaracha, though… IMHO. I’ll go to both and do some more comparing.

• comment-avatar
    ssl November 1, 2010 (5:36 pm)

As far as I’m concerned, this is the best taco truck in town–and I’ve tried quite a few. The chicken mole enchiladas are perfectly sweet and tangy. If you go to this truck, be sure to try them out. I was going to eat half my dish and save the rest for later, but I ended up inhaling the whole thing–it was to good to leave alone. For side orders, try the churro beans and sauted vegetables–Excellent!

• comment-avatar
    RJB November 1, 2010 (7:24 pm)

Can’t wait…two blocks from home…I am so there tomorrow!!

• comment-avatar
    bd November 1, 2010 (7:46 pm)

my son and I just had dinner there — tried the carnitas burrito, adovado and asada tacos, rice and charro beans…all if it very good. the charro beans alone are worth the stop.

• comment-avatar
    RickSteel November 1, 2010 (9:30 pm)

I guess this is my cue to ask if anyone knows what happened to the Rancho Bravo truck that was supposed to come to West Seattle a year or two ago?

• comment-avatar
    bk November 1, 2010 (10:11 pm)

We walked over for dinner yesterday and it was great – flavorful, not as greasy as other places I’ve been to, and just plain delicious! We tried a (large!) burrito, two chicken tacos, and the pinto beans. Hope these guys make it. Definitely gonna come back again (and again and again…).

• comment-avatar
    Peter ku November 1, 2010 (11:51 pm)

I am a taco truck fan and just by comparing some of the taco trucks around this one is very clean, food taste good and fresh, the quality of meat seems better not as much fat as other trucks, the tacos are very big not as the regular small tacos.

I liked it :)

• comment-avatar
    salavating November 2, 2010 (10:05 am)

I love love love me mexican food!

• comment-avatar
    Keith November 2, 2010 (11:03 am)

I will definately check it out but I am hooked on the white center la fondita taco truck. So far it is the best one around hands down. I risk my safety to go to white center for their taco truck, I would love to have a safer/closer option ;)

• comment-avatar
    Tina November 2, 2010 (12:12 pm)

Muy rico! I’ve gone twice….the tacos de carne asada are awesome and the chicken quesadilla was also great! The guacamole definitely hits the spot. It’s great to finally have a taco truck in the neighborhood and the best part is they’re very friendly and have a clean truck in a safe location. I definitely recommend you check it out!

• comment-avatar
    dawsonct November 2, 2010 (12:23 pm)

What’s so friggin’ unsafe about W. Center Keith? It is one of the most interesting neighborhoods in the region. Sorry your fears blind you to that fact.

As for Rancho Bravo? Skrew ’em! They had plenty of opportunity to bring their mediocre food over here and get a toehold on the market. Their loss.

• comment-avatar
    austin November 2, 2010 (1:56 pm)

The only unsafe thing about going to White Center are all the crazy drivers between here and there. :/
    I think I’ll take my life in my hands now :P and walk over to see how this new taco truck is.

• comment-avatar
    Keith November 2, 2010 (3:50 pm)

As a longtime WSB reader/participant who also uses the handle Keith, I would just like to say that this Keith is not afraid of White Center. And I think it’s finally time I came up with a more creative username. :)

• comment-avatar
    ellenater November 3, 2010 (3:47 pm)

lol @ Keithwon (vs. Keithtoo)

I had the salmon taco today, a side of the sauteed veggies, a Mexican corn hot cocoa, and a Perrier–all for under $8. I consider that an excellent deal.

I’m giving this place a hearty rave! Everything tasted fresh and the serving sizes were not skimpy. The veggies (peppers, onions, mushrooms) were not too oily. Everything was just the right amount of hearty and light, full flavors, and I really loved the sauce. It goes with everything on the menu and the medium was just the right amount of heat. I like them better than La Fondita but will continue to hit that, too. Like Keithwon, I am not afraid of White Center. ;)

• comment-avatar
    Tiffany November 8, 2010 (4:41 pm)

So excited to have a taco truck in the neighborhood. I had the tacos dorados with chicken…very tasty meal! This place is going to become a weekly stop for me!

WP-Backgrounds by InoPlugs Web Design and Juwelier Schönmann