West Seattle Crime Watch: Armed robbery in Highland Park

We’re on the way to check out a reported armed store robbery in Highland Park, in the 7700 block of Highland Park Way SW (map). Scanner ace Katie says the robber is described as a dark-skinned man about 25 years old wearing a black parka, hood up, gun was shown, last seen headed westbound on SW Kenyon. 7 PM: We’re in the vicinity; police are combing the area and, according to the scanner, bringing in a K-9. The store is still open. No other details so far. TUESDAY NOTE: This was written up for SPD Blotter, but the short item isn’t much more than we reported here.

8 Replies to "West Seattle Crime Watch: Armed robbery in Highland Park"

• comment-avatar
    Kat November 15, 2010 (7:22 pm)

Argh! That store is like a magnet! I think people ride the bus there just to rob it! I really wish I would have looked into the crime stats more before I bought here.

• comment-avatar
    Tas November 15, 2010 (8:18 pm)

If you had looked at crime statistics, you would have seen that this neighborhood has no higher crime rate than any of the safest West Seattle areas. Ballard has a higher rate of major crime.

• comment-avatar
      WSB November 15, 2010 (9:46 pm)

And as I noted in a FB discussion of this – I’m not jinxing things, I’ve said this repeatedly recently! – it’s been very quiet lately, all around West Seattle. But anyone who wants to hear directly from police should go to tomorrow night’s monthly meeting of the West Seattle Crime Prevention Council, 7 pm, Southwest Precinct! – TR

• comment-avatar
    datamuse November 15, 2010 (9:35 pm)

Geez, again? That place has been held up like three times since I moved here. Four, now.

I feel bad for the owners. They’re nice people and don’t deserve this.

• comment-avatar
    MC November 16, 2010 (9:30 am)

I’ve lived here for over 20 years…stuff happens.
    I walk the dog each evening and still feel comfortable while knowing that crime is everywhere.

• comment-avatar
    marty November 16, 2010 (9:42 am)

mc: I hope it is a BIG dog!

• comment-avatar
    Steph in WS November 16, 2010 (12:06 pm)

I live right across the street and didn’t even knew this happend. I do love that store and the owners.

• comment-avatar
    Billy November 16, 2010 (4:42 pm)

News Flash: Small convenient stores in quiet residential neighborhoods get robbed.

WP-Backgrounds by InoPlugs Web Design and Juwelier Schönmann