West Seattle Crime Watch: Case of the stolen trapeze boots

September 16, 2010 at 11:24 am | In Crime, Seaview, West Seattle news, WS culture/arts | 6 Comments

(Photo copyright Mark Gardiner)
Upside down on the left, that’s Cathy. She’s hoping you can help her find the custom-made trapeze boots – and other gear – stolen out of her car in Seaview. Her friend John shares this photo of the boots – with the unmistakable red stars:

Cathy says it happened Monday night along 44th between Findlay and Juneau (map). The thief/thieves stole a black lululemon bag with “all my trapeze clothes in it as well as 2 pairs of custom-made leather boots that go with my new act. … They have no heel or toe as they are specially made for trapeze and fit my foot exactly.” Any info, call police – she’s reported the theft.

1. that SUCKS. I am so sorry. :(

Comment by ln8r — 12:49 pm September 16, 2010 #

2. Check the area around the theft; often they throw away the bag after taking what is of value to them. Check any nearby dumpsters, bushes, sidewalk, alleyways, gutters, etc. Not saying your boots are not valuable, but to a car prowler?

Comment by bolo — 12:56 pm September 16, 2010 #

3. I agree with bolo. The likelihood of the criminal selling (or someone buying) those boots is really low. Check the area around the crime, particularly alleys, dumpsters, and trash cans.

So sorry to see such a unique and classy item stolen.

Comment by JB — 1:39 pm September 16, 2010 #

4. day-um… those are some sexy boots!

Comment by smash the state — 4:50 pm September 16, 2010 #

5. That wins for most interesting crime watch photo. And I don’t mean to diminish the anguish of the owner. I’d be very angry and sad. Those aren’t cheap. What kind of low life steals the spats from a hard working trapeze artist? By some miracle I hope they show up.

Comment by Drury — 11:02 pm September 16, 2010 #

6. This is such a bummer. I am so outdone with criminals. They have another thang comin’
    I’m just sayin’
    I’m sending all my positive vibrations that these amaze za za zing boots turn up.

Comment by LDH — 8:32 am September 17, 2010 #