Yet another new local restaurant sets the date: Uncle Mike’s BBQ

The White Center business district is jumping with new eateries – we told you about the Saturday grand opening of 3.14 Bakery and Coffee, and now there’s word that Uncle Mike’s BBQ, 9640 16th SW, has set next Monday as its official opening day. (It’s fed some folks in “soft open” mode already.) More details to come later on partner site White Center Now (thanks to WCN/WSB contributor Deanie Schwarz for the photo and info).

15 Replies to "Yet another new local restaurant sets the date: Uncle Mike's BBQ"

• comment-avatar
    Kat August 16, 2010 (4:27 pm)

We picked up some beef ribs and sides last night. The folks inside were super friendly and the food was SO GOOD. Go get some, but make sure to save some for me, ok? :)

• comment-avatar
    toddinwestwood August 16, 2010 (5:03 pm)

WE are so happy to see this turn around in White Center.

Hopefully they can get the afterhours gangster crowd out of there soon too.

• comment-avatar
    Love some BBQ August 16, 2010 (5:19 pm)

can’t wait to get to this new place – way to go White Center

• comment-avatar
    CarolPB August 16, 2010 (6:02 pm)

menu link?

• comment-avatar
    Deanie Schwarz August 16, 2010 (6:16 pm)

CarolPB –

The owners of Uncle Mikes have a very full menu but they, like so many other restaurant folks scrambling to just get up and running, have not had a chance to get it on to their under-construction website at http://unclemikesbbq.com or their Facebook site.

They are hoping to get the “techie” in the family working on it after their other day job in time for the Grand Opening next Monday.

• comment-avatar
    CarolPB August 16, 2010 (6:55 pm)

Thanks, Deanie! Hope to try them out soon!

• comment-avatar
    guinivere August 16, 2010 (6:59 pm)

i got a little taste of his BBQ and it was GREAT.

My fave is going to Fondita and then i head to full tilt. if i am lucky i get the al’s smoked porter with icecream to make a float. THAT is a good night out. Now I am going to incorporate Mike’s. After all of it, if i still feel up to it. i hit the pac man machine. couldn’t be happier. i am a growing girl after all, and white center has been very supportive. Oh, yeah, and now I know exactly which cookies at the salvadorian bakery that i prefer… oh, and proletariat is great, “real” pizza. the way it should be…not gloppy but the crust is thin, crisp, and holds up with the goodies. YUM.

i am going to be as big as a house :(

• comment-avatar
    ad August 16, 2010 (8:45 pm)

I hope they have bbq sandwiches!!! yummm.

• comment-avatar
    dawsonct August 17, 2010 (1:03 am)

Like taco trucks, one can never have enough BBQ choices.

• comment-avatar
    LMA August 17, 2010 (10:50 am)

Thats Great!!!! will have to take my son Patrick there

• comment-avatar
    JBL August 17, 2010 (1:40 pm)

guinivere: You can now get Uncle Mike’s BBQ & Full Tilt Ice Creal ALL in once sitting. According to a new post on Facebook – new flavor Vanilla Ice Cream with Mike’s Sweet BBQ Sauce Swirl. Sounds delicious!

• comment-avatar
    Michael Girvin August 21, 2010 (11:44 pm)

I cannot wait for this place to open because Uncle Mike makes the best BBQ ever!

• comment-avatar
    White Center Gardener August 23, 2010 (1:36 pm)

We ate there last night – it was AWESOME!!!! Such nice people and excellent food. We had the sampler, red beans and rice, mac and cheese (they had run out of greens) and sweet potato pie.

We’ll definitely be going back and soon.

• comment-avatar
    Syd September 3, 2010 (11:01 am)

Their website is up, with a menu, now:

They have a Facebook page and Twitter page up, also.

Although the price of the BEST SWEET POTATO PIE I’VE EVER HAD IN MY LIFE is actually $3.00 (not the 2.50 the webpage link lists), it’s well worth it!

This is the best Barbecue I’ve had in the Seattle area! I’ve been ranting for years about the lack of smoky delicious and affordable BBQ in Seattle for years and now I am raving instead about how fantastic Uncle Mike’s food is and how lucky I am to be living near them.

Order the pulled pork sandwich with mac and cheese or greens on the side your first visit and you’ll be hooked for life. Don’t say I didn’t warn you. ;0) This barbecue is scrumdillyicous!

Get on down there and try it! They’re open until midnight on Fridays!

• comment-avatar
    Syd September 3, 2010 (12:12 pm)

Oops. I should have proofread a little more thoroughly. At least I got the links right. LOL

WP-Backgrounds by InoPlugs Web Design and Juwelier Schönmann