West Seattle Crime Watch update: ‘Bones’ is back

July 7, 2010 at 12:05 pm | In Crime, Delridge, West Seattle news | 7 Comments

This was first noted in a comment at 3:45 this morning, and we just got confirmation from the theft victims – Someone returned “Bones,” the drummer in a popular Delridge driveway-side art installation, overnight, five days after he was stolen (as originally reported in the WSB Forums). The theft victims’ note was addressed to us but we believe it’s meant for all of WSB-land:

We just wanted to thank you one last time and let you know that to our immense delight Bones was returned last night. He’ll be going back into surgery (we’re beginning to worry he may have an addiction) and was missing his shoes, but otherwise we’re hopeful he’ll return to his drum kit soon. Thanks again for helping to restore our faith in the world!

If you, like us, hadn’t seen the band when they were all “together,” go here to see a photo shared by Brian Zenk.

1. give him a little weight so he’s not so easy to run off with.

Comment by sophista-tiki — 12:06 pm July 7, 2010 #

2. Good news!!!

Comment by Inspector Clueless — 1:29 pm July 7, 2010 #

3. then he wouldn’t be “bones” ……… would he?

Comment by Ron Dub — 2:37 pm July 7, 2010 #

4. I dint mean fatten him up. I just meant something like tethering him to a bowling ballor pier block.

Comment by sophista-tiki — 5:40 pm July 7, 2010 #

5. I’m amazed! Guilting thieves on Delridge to return stolen goods actually worked???

Comment by Alex — 5:40 pm July 7, 2010 #

6. i agree–this helps restore (a little) faith in the world! :-)

Comment by bridge to somewhere — 7:46 pm July 7, 2010 #

7. I saw him this morning on my way to work; it made my morning! When I saw him, he was lying on the ground on his side, obviously dumped off hastily.

So glad to have you back, Bones! I love the sweet beats you play for me while I’m on my way to work.

Comment by Catherine — 8:52 pm July 7, 2010 #