2 Blue Angels pilots’ whirlwind winter Seattle visit

January 6, 2010 at 3:17 pm | In Blue Angels, Not WS but we're mentioning it anyway | 7 Comments

If you’re in eastern West Seattle, or somewhere close to Boeing Field, you might have seen/heard a familiar summertime sound today – yes, that was a Blue Angels jet (the two-seater #7); here’s KING5 video with the proof. Seafair says pilots #7 and #8 were here for the annual winter briefing meetings. This year’s air show is set for August 6-8.

1. Obligatory Seattle snark about “how much fuel did that take?” :-)

Comment by RobertSeattle — 6:24 pm January 6, 2010 #

2. Ahhh summer… Ahhh Blue Angels… I heart them. Sigh…

Comment by glimpseofsummer — 12:09 am January 7, 2010 #

3. i do love summer, but i do hate the blue angels. no doubt the feats they perform are totally amazing but in this economy and time of war- the excess, noise and visuals of planes flying low over a major metropolitan city make me feel ill. thanks for the providing the date though- i now know when i need to get out of town for the weekend. sorry to be a party pooper.

Comment by lina — 8:04 am January 7, 2010 #

4. lina, if you were actually “sorry” about being a party pooper you would have kept your negative and worthless comment about our military to yourself. Don’t be sorry for something you’re clearly not.

Comment by OP — 8:59 am January 7, 2010 #

5. Love ‘em! I wish they would bring in the Thunderbirds at some point, too. A couple of annual shows for a little friendly competition would be fun.

Comment by Andy — 11:08 am January 7, 2010 #

6. The Thunderbirds have come to McChord AFB in the past … not sure if they were there last year. I remember because in a previous year, when discussing Blue Angels’ female crew member numbers seemingly rising, a helpful WSB’er pointed out that the Thunderbirds HAVE already had women on the demonstration-pilot team. Wow, hard to believe we’re already halfway between the heart of last summer and the heart of next summer :) – TR

Comment by WSB — 11:22 am January 7, 2010 #

7. TR,

I know! Are we really talking about Seafair already? If I’m not careful I might start saying things like “I’m ready for the rain to stop.”

Comment by Andy — 2:27 pm January 7, 2010 #