Time capsule opened during Holy Rosary centennial celebration

October 11, 2009 at 5:27 pm | In West Seattle history, West Seattle news, West Seattle religion | Comments Off

From WSB contributing journalist Kathy Mulady: Holy Rosary capped its Centennial Celebration today, with celebrations that included removing the 1937 time capsule (above) from the cornerstone of the church:

The contents were on display a few minutes later across the street in Lanigan Hall, where church members and friends celebrated.

The time capsule included a 1937 newspaper, letters that had yellowed and crumpled with age, coins and other a little envelope of powder that left many wondering what it was … or what it once was:

Holy Rosary’s Father John Madigan thanked everyone for many volunteer hours that were put into the year-long celebration.

Seattle Archbishop Alexander Brunett celebrated Mass and attended the afternoon events afterward.

No Comments yet

Sorry, comment time is over.

All contents copyright 2014, A Drink of Water and a Story Interactive. Here's how to contact us.
Header image by Nick Adams. ABSOLUTELY NO WSB PHOTO REUSE WITHOUT SITE OWNERS' PERMISSION.
Entries and comments feeds. ^Top^